Put Fat Bob exhaust on my Super Glide

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2-1-2 exhaust system used on the Harley Fat Bob and (new) Wide Glide models is a much cleaner flowing set up than what comes on the other Dyna models, which are pluming nightmares with their cross over tubes that intrude a full inch into the header pipes. The Fat Bob headers and collector are also made of stainless steel, so they "burn in" to a nice golden bronze color rather than "rust-n-blue" like the pipes that were on my Super Glide.

Anyhow, here's a few pics. I think this set up looks good on the Super Glide.

FB01.jpg

FB02.jpg

FB03.jpg

FB04.jpg

It looks real good, but that's kinda unfair putting it next to an old minivan... my bike would look good next to that thing. But yes, not as good as yours.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Looks good - I agree, it's a clean look.

You STILL got that old van???

Yep, the old van is still chugging along and approaching 180,000 miles.

Nice Hawg G-Man. I like the "Night Train" edition, my co-worker has one. Those pipes look great. How do they sound? Loud, Louder, or Whoa Momma!?

Dave

Originally Posted By: Deltona_Dave
Nice Hawg G-Man. I like the "Night Train" edition, my co-worker has one. Those pipes look great. How do they sound? Loud, Louder, or Whoa Momma!?

These are stock Fat Bob mufflers, so they aren't loud at all (by aftermarket muffler standards). They do have a nice rumble.

Watch this video of this guy's Fat Bob to hear how they sound:

Originally Posted By: Deltona_Dave

Dave

Night Trains were Softails. I liked them too!

Nice pipe change, G-man. The cutouts in the pipe are interesting, however. I'm not sure I'd like to see the bare pipe peeking thru all that pretty chrome, though.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Nice pipe change, G-man. The cutouts in the pipe are interesting, however. I'm not sure I'd like to see the bare pipe peeking thru all that pretty chrome, though.

Unlike the regular Dyna exhaust, the Fat Bob headers are made from stainless steel. Hence, they don't rust or blue, they just turn a nice golden bronze color. That's what shows through the cutouts and it looks good.

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
Originally Posted By: GMBoy

Unlike the regular Dyna exhaust, the Fat Bob headers are made from stainless steel. Hence, they don't rust or blue, they just turn a nice golden bronze color. That's what shows through the cutouts and it looks good.

That's good, then. I saw that in the original post and didn't put 2+2 together - my fault.

Looks great though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back