How to reduce helmet shield fogging?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Bell Vortex helmet supposedly has some anti-fog shield, yet when it's rather humid outside, it seems to fog up extremely fast... within seconds of me coming to a stop.

Can I apply some product/wax to the shield to minimize fogging?

My KBC had an anti fog visor,it fogged up and for some reason rain wouldn't run off the outside,I had to wipe it with my hand.I removed the antifog film and it's just normal now.

when I raced karts in rain I had success with dawn dish detergent and water, or like with a scuba mask try saliva .
I know it worked for me

Mike Z

Vinegar also is said to help.

Although maybe the smell keeps you from breathing heavily and fogging the shield.

SCUBA divers also first wash their masks with soft scrub (sans bleach) to remove all traces of oil or buildup that seems to promote fogging. The spit & rinse routine doesn't do much, honestly, not that I've noticed.

Aside from keeping a motorcycle helmet faceshield clean, the only thing that really worked for me was to crack the visor open slightly and keep moving.

I've been doing a fair amount of snorkeling lately and have had mask fogging. Spitting into the mask doesn't do too much.

I've got a stick of clear wax like defogger that I used while snowmobiling. It worked back then. Maybe I'll dig it out, find out what it is and see if it's still effective.

Originally Posted By: scurvy
Aside from keeping a motorcycle helmet faceshield clean, the only thing that really worked for me was to crack the visor open slightly and keep moving.

Cracking the visor open slightly is sure-fire for me too. I don't need any other cleaners or chemicals.

Vic

all the above work, I agree with the cracking the visor.. no matter how fantastic any product ive tried is rated or reviewed, they wear off quickly or only help to a certain degree. with the exception of one anti fog i had (scorpion) the rest have only been marginal at best. Im currently on a rain X anti fog kick.. it works ok for a ride or two before a new application is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back