Techron and MMO at same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many on here use MMO because it will lubricate things in the fuel system.. Got me thinking: Say there are some deposits that the MMO doesn't clean off, but instead puts a coating on.. Could a MMO coated fuel system keep the Techron from cleaning as well in that case?

I'm also curious, at the recommended dose of 4oz per 10 gallons, if it would lower the octane by a very small amount?

Originally Posted By: Digital2k2
So many on here use MMO because it will lubricate things in the fuel system.. Got me thinking: Say there are some deposits that the MMO doesn't clean off, but instead puts a coating on.. Could a MMO coated fuel system keep the Techron from cleaning as well in that case?

I'm also curious, at the recommended dose of 4oz per 10 gallons, if it would lower the octane by a very small amount?

MMO softens deposits, it is not as good a cleaner as Techron. But the fact that it softens deposits makes for easier cleaning. It will help certainly not hurt the cleaning process. Once a fuel system is clean MMO will keep it clean, and give the UCL benefit which is its main purpose IMO.

First time MMO users should use a good FL cleaner first, then use MMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back