conventional oil comparison test

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have a link to that test done by the nonprofit website that was posted on here a couple months ago? they tested mobil clean 5000, pennzoil yb, quaker state gb, castrol gtx, exxon, havoline, valvoline, citgo, shell, etc.

that's it! thank you
cheers3.gif

great site btw. they have private label brands now too woo!

Originally Posted By: shrooms
M5K looks mighty good.

yea IMO it tops any of the others. the only problem is there aren't as many deals or rebates with mobil

I never worry about the cost of oil, buy what u know is worth putting n ur auto, the cost of a new engine far exceeds 10 bucks a quart of the oil u should have used. Its a thought>>>>

It's a good thought, but that doesn't fuel the obsession to build a stash of oil at firesale prices.

I mean, you're reality is trumped by many member's obsessive delusional tendencies, myself included.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
I never worry about the cost of oil, buy what u know is worth putting n ur auto, the cost of a new engine far exceeds 10 bucks a quart of the oil u should have used. Its a thought>>>>

that's exactly the opinion the oil companies want you to have. That the higher the price the better the product.

Oil is a lubricant and 99% of oils will be fine if you change your oil every 5,000 to 7,000 miles.

I wonder how many people have actually paid to have a new motor put in their vehicle and gone, "Man, I really wish I would have used XXXXX brand/type oil instead of XXXXX brand/type oil. I would not be in this position now."

Just a thought....

Synthetic oil is more for longevity. 200+ If your not the guy who keeps a car for that long,then I dont think it`s necessary. Although on the other hand,I think today`s Conventional oil`s will do the same. or close to it.

I wonder how many people have actually HAD to paid to have a new motor put in because of something their oil did or didn't do for them.

Another thought...

Originally Posted By: bigdawg74

I wonder how many people have actually paid to have a new motor put in their vehicle and gone, "Man, I really wish I would have used XXXXX brand/type oil instead of XXXXX brand/type oil. I would not be in this position now."

Just a thought....

I wonder how many people use Mobil 1 or equivalent quality synthetic, only to dump it
99%+ of daily driven vehicles do not need synthetic to live long, and happy lives.

Most people buying an extra expense product labeled "full synthetic oil" are not getting synthetic oil anyway. Most. Some buy RL or Amsoil or some oddball mobil products and actually Do get synthetic oil. There aint much out there though that is real synthetic in a 5w-30 .... that you can get OTC at AZ or WM.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I wonder how many people have actually HAD to paid to have a new motor put in because of something their oil did or didn't do for them.

Another thought...

I'm sure there some who went too long between oil changes with a conventional oil (or bought a car whose previous owner neglected the oil) and had to replace their engine where if it was a synthetic the engine would have made it with the unintentional extended drains. Synthetic oil is great for the lazy or ignorant.

Originally Posted By: lipadj46
... Synthetic oil is great for the lazy or ignorant.
This could be someone's signature 'Quote of the Month'
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: John_K
Guess it's good I used my PittPenn as a flushing oil.

John

It must be crude that floated in from the Gulf. It is off the charts low on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back