Ford Cruise Control Recall - First hand experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford still uses the BOO switch for cruise deactivation. The pressure switch in the recall is the secondary safety cutoff there in case the BOO doesn't work properly.

not to mention you don't want your cruise to stay engaged in the event you lose brake pressure. seems like a smart place to have a sensor, IMO.

Just bought a used 1997 Explorer about 6 weeks ago. Just found out about the recall the hard way. I was very lucky to see the smoke and put out the fire before i may have lost the truck. Went to ford dealer and they told me if i want to be reimbursed for the damage i had to file an insurance claim against ford. like i really have the time to wait for them i need my truck. switch was 21 dollars that came with the new plug. as far as my reservoir for the master cylinder they wanted $104 for just a piece of plastic what a rip off. I bought a brand new aftermarket master cylinder with a new reservoir for $69.99 . Why does ford try to rip people off.

2ptszzc.jpg

Maybe your dealer is crooked? As I said, my switch was a whopping 11 bucks. Their reservoir price was ridiculous (I agree), and I would have probably visited the wreckers to grab one.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

That's what the recall harness was for (there are now TWO adapter harnesses connected to the original). It has a fuse to prevent the risk of fire from the switch failing.

You can remove the recall harness; it is not needed with the new switch.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
When you replace a UFJH with a SCDS you remove the UFJH and throw it away.

I'd save it--it has a male and female connector on it that just happens to be the same as a Bosch-style fuel injector connector.

Originally Posted By: brianl703
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

That's what the recall harness was for (there are now TWO adapter harnesses connected to the original). It has a fuse to prevent the risk of fire from the switch failing.

You can remove the recall harness; it is not needed with the new switch.

Thanks Brian. Bdcardinal set me straight on page 2. I had not noticed the replacement notice on the jumper harness and had thought it was still necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back