Just bought a new bike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this Suzuki B-King past Saturday and love it. Much improvements over my Honda 919. Traded the VTX for it. Now I need to think about oil as 600 mile is coming soon.

00711.jpg

Very handsome bike. I was never into motorcycles, but that looks nice. Congats! And please keep the stock exhaust. lol. I live near a park off of a highway where the crotch rocket crew likes to meet up, drives me nuts.. lol.

Not much one can do to improve on a machine like that. It's only one or two clicks of the dial from a race bike. Just a few short years ago, with some of the street components removed, that would have been a race bike. It's a machine that is definitely over the heads of all but a few courageous riders willing to take it to it's limits.

It is a beautiful example of motorcycle sophistication and technology. Nice machine indeed.

IMHO Suzuki produces bikes with the most bang for the buck in the modern motorcycle market. That B-King should be no exception, I am sure it is scary fast with lots of torque. Keep up with the chain maintenance (mostly cleaning) and oil changes and you're good to go. Congrats.

Thanks for the comments.
Just to clarify I did not buy this for top speed as I am not a speed demon but low end torqe is a different matter.
I think in fact this could be one of the safest bike in terms of handling, riding position and breaks if it is riden with respect.
From what I have read the top speed is limiter controlled at near 155 mph but most bypass the limiter and reported near 200 mph in stock condition.
The torque is great. It get you about 60 ftlb near 2000 rpm which is very usable for nice low end rush.

Suzuki_B-King_Dyno_Chart.jpg

Wow, that thing IS definitely mean looking!! One of the bike mags compared the view from the rear to that of a Rottweiler. Dunno about that, but since that's the view most other bikers will get, maybe you can ask them when you stop at the next light!!
thumbsup2.gif

Amazing - 70 to 80 ft/lb of torque throughout the operating range. Don't even need to shift!!

Basically, a naked 'Busa, so any decent non Energy Conserving oil will work fine. I usually run a 15-40 HDEO until 2,000 miles then switch over to M1 15-50. Some guys stick with the HDEO forever, so..
21.gif

If you're going 155 on a naked, you better have strong fingernails!!
34.gif

that is a very nice bike you have there. i have a question about it. how did the insurance rates changing going from a VTX to that? also how is the riding position on like a 100+ mile day?

Originally Posted By: arkainzeye
that is a very nice bike you have there. i have a question about it. how did the insurance rates changing going from a VTX to that? also how is the riding position on like a 100+ mile day?

The riding position is up-right. It is NOT a true touring bike but some use it as touring with some mods.
Wind buffering is better than BMW1200R reportedly.

iconbk11.jpg

Last edited:
No it will be changed soon. I firmly believe in short OCI while breaking in. Hoping around 200, 600, 1000. Then at 3000 and 6000 miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CaspianM
No it will be changed soon. I firmly believe in short OCI while breaking in. Hoping around 200, 600, 1000. Then at 3000 and 6000 miles.

Does that mean you will be changing the oil every other day?
55.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: swimmer
Originally Posted By: CaspianM

Does that mean you will be changing the oil every other day?
55.gif

Yeah, I could easliy see the first 3 OC's (200, 600, 1k) done within a week - on a bike like that.

Just curious, what break-in method are you using?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back