M1 AFE 0w-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came home from WM with a 5qt jug of M1 AFE 0w-30 for an oil change in our Camry with the 2az-fe. Did a search and didn't find much on it. Is it good stuff? Plan on a 7.5k oci.

Should be able to handle 7.5K without a problem. I personally have not used the 0W-30 but I was very impressed with the AFE 0W-20 last winter.

Maybe daman will chime in as I believe he uses this oil with great results.

Hey Johnny,this may be a super dumb noob-ish posted a zillion and one times question,but what`s the difference between GF4 and GF5 oil? Reason I ask is that I saw at Walmart yesterday that they finally have the new label GF5 Pennzoil yb 20W50 :^)I had to buy some ATF for my power steering. It was a lil low. Guess it`s about time seeing it`s 14 year old fluid,haha! I drained it and refilled it with Pennzoil Dexron ATF. The oil bug almost bit me as I came VERY close to buying 5 quarts of it (the GF 5 yb 20W50).

M1 AFE 0w-30 is good stuff. I've been using it in my Subaru (non-turbo) and have no complaints about it. I bought four OCIs worth of it back when they had the $10 rebates going on them, I'm on my second one right now and like I said I've got no complaints

+1 Switched to the M1 0W-30 AFE from M1 5W-30 in my 04' Miata LS, startup HLA noise vanished (a problem with Miatas) and got 35+ mpg on my last highway trip...also use the M1 filters

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Hey Johnny,this may be a super dumb noob-ish posted a zillion and one times question,but what`s the difference between GF4 and GF5 oil? Reason I ask is that I saw at Walmart yesterday that they finally have the new label GF5 Pennzoil yb 20W50 :^)I had to buy some ATF for my power steering. It was a lil low. Guess it`s about time seeing it`s 14 year old fluid,haha! I drained it and refilled it with Pennzoil Dexron ATF. The oil bug almost bit me as I came VERY close to buying 5 quarts of it (the GF 5 yb 20W50).

http://www.gf-5.com/

It's ACEA A1, not A5 like synth oils should be.

It's also thicker than PP 5w-30 at ALL temps that can be demonstrated.

Do a search.

If M1 0w-20 came in a 5qt Id buy it. Id still be willing to try their 0w-30 but its just not as tempting when I can just buy some other 0w-20. I do love M1's voa/uoa numbers and Id like to try it at least once.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
It did come in 5q.

Haven't seen the AFE 0w-20 in the 5 qt jugs before. See the 5w-20 for sale.

Great oil the word is 60-70% PAO i use this oil exclusively in our cars and have used it in my Z71 P/U witch works hard towing and hauling in hot summer temps Audi Junkie don't care for it because it don't carry a B5 spec well it's doing fine in my severe service world and with long drains.

i run it out 7-9,000+ no consumption no noise no nothing but a nice smoooth running engine.

70% PAO oil that won't make a LL spec? That's a laugh.

It is what it is man all the laughing wont change it....

It's ACEA A1, not A5 like synth oils should be.

It's also thicker than PP 5w-30 at ALL temps that can be demonstrated.

Do a search.

AFE is lighter than PP at normal operating temps and higher because it's HTHS vis is lower at 2.99 cP vs 3.1 cP for PP. (The HTHS vis spec' trumps the kinematic 100C vis spec').
It will also be lighter at some point below freezing since it is a 0W oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back