You can't beat Pennzoil in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my money, they make the best non-boutique synthetic oils and the best conventional oil.Others may disagree but I'll take PYB,Platinum, and Ultra every time over the competitors.

2987374150_cabe082e42_o.jpg

For regular prices(non-sale/rebate) they are good buy for the money. But Valvoline had Synpower on sale with rebate for less than $1/qt, they are hard to beat at that price.

Originally Posted By: Hemi426
For my money, they make the best non-boutique synthetic oils and the best conventional oil.Others may disagree but I'll take PYB,Platinum, and Ultra every time over the competitors.

I'm happy you love Pennzoil, to each their own.......

I don't see why a statement of opinion deserves its own thread. This isn't the first thread like this this guy has made.

It's not like I even disagree with the opinion, but the post is pointless.

I agree, but I'm disappointed that PP in 0W20 is nowhere to be found unless I mail order it, and at the moment PU 0W20 doesn't exist. I don't think they have anything yet in a 0W30 flavor either. Until they get a 0W20 to market I'm using Edge 0W20.

Let me get this right? I shouldn't be allowed to say Pennzoil is a good oil but I should be forced to read every day about how Redline is the nectar of the Gods?

I have to agree,Pennzoil is imo one of the,if not best lubricant made. I came back from a two week vacation (my car sat in my gf`s dad`s friend`s garage unstarted the whole time). I wondered how my car would sound on a first startup with 25W50 in it. Turned the key and it was the smoothest/quietest startup ever. I wish their racing oil came in a lighter weight for winter use. A 40 weight for example.

Last edited:
Let me get this right? I shouldn't be allowed to say Pennzoil is a good oil but I should be forced to read every day about how Redline is the nectar of the Gods?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1958151&page=1

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1964466#Post1964466

Say Pennzoil is good all you want (I do) but don't make threads saying Pennzoil is good with no content other than a statement of your opinion.

Sorry but this looks like an opinion too without any back up. I think the op has a right without back up, yes it could be better,
34.gif
but who is counting in the heat of the summer?????
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Sorry but this looks like an opinion too without any back up.

That would be a logo, not an opinion.

Quote:
I think the op has a right without back up, yes it could be better,
34.gif
but who is counting in the heat of the summer?????

I wouldn't have said anything if he didn't have a habit of making posts like this.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Sorry but this looks like an opinion too without any back up.

By my most current understanding of the forum rules, it's baiting, trolling and threadjacking.

I wouldn't have said anything if he didn't have a habit of making posts like this.

Oh? That's ironic.

I'm using Pennz. in a Ford Ranger,and it works very well.Other brands would probably do the same thing.The old people in my clan warned me about Pennzoil,but I ignored them.They predicted engine failure would soon follow for my Ford.Sofar I have not had to use the chainhoist.Now I see Pennz. has the new GF-5 spec. on the YB oil.

For my money, they make the best non-boutique synthetic oils and the best conventional oil.

I agree and i have been buying PU($20),but to state "it's the best" is wrong,lots of other OTC synthetics that IF were tested could yield better results.

but glad your happy with it it's a fine oil.

Let me get this right? I shouldn't be allowed to say Pennzoil is a good oil

You didn't say Pennzoil is good; you said Pennzoil is the best. That's quite a difference and an obvious false statement on your part since for you to come to this conclusion, you would have had to try every other oil on the planet first. And even then, the definition of 'best' is also very vague... it can mean different things to different people.

Another words, another useless thread.
18.gif

I'll help you guys out.

Yes Pennzoil is a OIL. (as others)

It works well. (as others)

And yes, placing the logo in a thread is trolling.
31.gif

Also it is interesting that if the guy make a statement about another oil brand, (maybe like the logo) then the trolls would be happy and jumping into the thread with how smart the OP was.

Great to show the bias guys!
thumbsup2.gif

Any comments PM ME. I'll unlock it now and see how others play.

Bill

Which oil is lousy then? You don't even have a reason why you like Pennzoil.

For me, I prefer Valvoline because they work with Lubrizol and use the HyperZDP additive in their oils. The two companies are committed towards improving emission system performance and that is important to me due to the expense of those components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back