My vinyl collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least part of it
vinyl.jpg

Its time to melt them down and fuel up the mustang. I have well over 1000 I can't get rid of.

Originally Posted By: Blumurder
At least part of it
vinyl.jpg

blu...: some of those albums look as though they are covered in cellophane of some sort. Those aren't "unopened" albums, are they?

Originally Posted By: dkryan

blu...: some of those albums look as though they are covered in cellophane of some sort. Those aren't "unopened" albums, are they?
I have quite of few sealed but I also have many open that are kept in poly sleeves

I've got over 1,000 LP's I've got to do something with.If I put one on my computer everyday,it would take years to get through them all... a daunting task.

I was always told that you should take the plastic off the album covers, because over time it will shrink, bend the cardboard, and then bend the album, which then won't play right.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
What's vinyl?
lol.gif

The best sound, digital can't touch it

Amen to that!!!
thumbsup2.gif
What do you have for the rest of your system? Vintage Hi-Fi bug here
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Summerwind
What's vinyl?
lol.gif

Amen to that!!!
thumbsup2.gif
grin2.gif

Nikko 7075 receiver pumped through RS Mach 1's

Originally Posted By: jimbeamalki
I was always told that you should take the plastic off the album covers, because over time it will shrink, bend the cardboard, and then bend the album, which then won't play right.
Wives tale

What's vinyl?
lol.gif

Amen to that!!!
thumbsup2.gif
grin2.gif

Nikko 7075 receiver pumped through RS Mach 1's

You have RS Mach 1's???????????
10.gif
I have a pair of Mach 1's, and the later Mach 2's. I still like the sealed cab, and the Mid and HF horns on the Mach 1's better. Man, I thought I was one of the only few who love that speaker. Nice!
thumbsup2.gif

What's vinyl?
lol.gif

And tube!!!

Originally Posted By: Steve S
What's vinyl?
lol.gif

And tube!!!

X10 Steve!!! God, they do not make stuff like they used-too....
frown.gif

10.gif
I have a pair of Mach 1's, and the later Mach 2's. I still like the sealed cab, and the Mid and HF horns on the Mach 1's better. Man, I thought I was one of the only few who love that speaker. Nice!
thumbsup2.gif

Still use the RS Super Tweeters too!
I remember when the Mach 2's came out, mid 80's I believe

10.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Still use the RS Super Tweeters too!
I remember when the Mach 2's came out, mid 80's I believe

Yes, I still have some of those super-tweets also! The Mach 2's did come out in the mid 80's, I used to work part time for "The Shack" but left just before the legendary Mach 1's were replaced. The Mach 2 is in many ways a "smoother" speaker, the "Dual-Radial Super-Horn" Tweeter they use is very smooth and airy. RS made some very under-appreciated stuff back in the day. I actualy had a pair of AR9 LS's that I finaly got fed-up with and sold due to the fact that the "lowly-Mach's" would surpass them in many areas. "Audio-phelia" is not all that the elite make it out to be:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back