I ride because...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harley vs. Honda
or
Fruit of the Loom vs. Hanes

I don't care about the winner of either debate because I consider myself a rider, not a biker.
I ride because...

The open road beckons
I love the wind in my face
I like to smell the scenery
Cars suck
I love to roll on the throttle coming out of a turn
A long solitary ride clears the mind
Weather doesn't matter
I am a man
The open road beckons
Trucks suck too
45 mpg
My wife lets me
I get to change the oil
Bugs in my teeth
Chicks dig me (allow me at least one little fantasy)
I can pull ahead of traffic with ease
The road beckons
I love to ride

There are many more reasons so feel free to add to my list.

That is a very nice post. I hope everybody keeps it going smooth and the bashing of any brand stays out of it.

I ride to keep my sanity. It is a great way to relax and rest your mind and free yourself from stress.

I ride because....
I still can.

GM Boy has a point. I'll take it one more step. Riding doesn't relax my mind. BUT, I find that the intense focus it requires certainly feels like relaxing vs. all the daily grind and multitasking average life seems to require. Focusing on that one thing.. smooth throttle application, looking where I want to be, the exit of the curve.. suddenly it's like Keanu in the Matrix toward the end when he "gets it". It becomes a flow, especially if the road is right, with curve ahead signs every half mile. Roll on, straighten up, adjust lane position, brake, push, roll on, lather,rinse,repeat. Everything else is a nit when I can ride. I ride, because I can.

Motorcycle (any brand/type) or Scooter (honda/yamaha/chonda, doesn't matter) - either way, it's 2-wheels. That's all that matters to me. Nothing but enjoyment from the tap of the starter button (or kick-start lever).

There's one time when trucks don't suck... :)

When you're in a driving rain, with no windshield (motorcycles should not have windshields)... and you need to get in close to avoid getting hammered by rain.

I know it's dangerous... stuff can be laying in the road you don't see until it appears from underneath that truck, but I've rolled the dice and rode close, just to get to the next underpass or place where I can find shelter...

...and rain suits are for sissies... they make you look like the Stay-puft marshmallow man. I'd rather get wet and deal with it.

Dan

i've been riding since i was 4.

been a part of my life.

i like dirt better than street. but i enjoy street as well. though at times street scares the pizz outa me.

0-60 on a 600 beats any car i could ever own (on the street).

Originally Posted By: beanoil
I ride because....
I still can.

GM Boy has a point. I'll take it one more step. Riding doesn't relax my mind. BUT, I find that the intense focus it requires certainly feels like relaxing vs. all the daily grind and multitasking average life seems to require. Focusing on that one thing.. smooth throttle application, looking where I want to be, the exit of the curve.. suddenly it's like Keanu in the Matrix toward the end when he "gets it". It becomes a flow, especially if the road is right, with curve ahead signs every half mile. Roll on, straighten up, adjust lane position, brake, push, roll on, lather,rinse,repeat. Everything else is a nit when I can ride. I ride, because I can.

Beautiful.

WILD MAN
I ride becouse im VERY good at it, im a devel in the sadle, Im a knee dragger, Im scary fast on a swisty road or at my local road race course. Ive been on sportbikes for many years and its taken many years to reach the level of performance im at (for a non-pro). 110mph with a knee on the ground is just as much fun for me as christmas is for a 7 year old.

V.S.

Daily rider

Im a daily rider, gas is much cheaper in my bike than in my truck, I ride to work, I ride with my wife on the back on sundays, I ride with my buddys to enjoy the ride & enjoy the company, I ride motorcycles and its not a hobby.. it part of my lifestyle. 11 years in the sadle and im hopeing for many many more.

OtisBLACKR1.. I am both.

Originally Posted By: Vesparado
Uh-oh...Bo won't be able to resist!

The circus must be over. The clowns are out......

There's no replacement for the feeling of freedom you get when the wind blows over your body....oh, and the feeling you get when twisting the right grip is pretty nice too!

I like the sense of dimension of movement.

Leaning over going around a curve at any speed is such an enjoyable sensation that cannot be duplicated on four wheels.

Originally Posted By: boraticus
Originally Posted By: Vesparado
Uh-oh...Bo won't be able to resist!

The circus must be over. The clowns are out......

Clowns? Like this RD rider?

YamahaRider.jpg

Originally Posted By: boraticus
I like the sense of dimension of movement.

Leaning over going around a curve at any speed is such an enjoyable sensation that cannot be duplicated on four wheels.

You know, that is one of the most accurate descriptions I've ever heard. I'm going to use it!

* Because I love to ride.
* I have nothing better to do. Can't work, so I might as well ride.
* It reminds me of good times, decades ago when my Ma & Pa were alive, before my friends condemned me.
* It feels good to ride windy, hilly country roads..
* I have few other hobbies.
* Other riders often wave at me.
* It gets me out of the house.

When you spend that kinda $ on a toy you'd better go head and use it rather than just staring at it! The rest is just excuses.
Seriously, I like the connection it makes possible to the surrounding and sense of power to travel at a speed and manner that we normally can't do on our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back