HELP! Suntan Lotion on Black Leather

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP! My Nissan has black leather seats. Well, Nissan calls it "Charcoal". Long story short, someone lathered-up in suntan lotion... in the car.
mad.gif

It's all over the passenger-side seat, seatback, center armrest, and door panel. It must be waterproof or something and I can't seem to get it out.

I've tried a clean white towel dampened with warm water, warm water with a little bit of liquid dish soap, and the Armor All leather cleaner/conditioner that I normally use to clean/protect the leather. I spent 45 minutes on it and barely made a difference.

Please, please have some tips or a solution for me.

My wife did the same thing on my Roadking. I got it off with Armorall car wash. I had some mixed up washing the bike and just used a well wrung-out rag to scrub it .

Originally Posted By: BobbyB
I got it off with Armorall car wash. I had some mixed up washing the bike and just used a well wrung-out rag to scrub it.

I have some Turtle Wax Gold Series Car Wash in the garage. Maybe I'll mix some of that up and give it a try tomorrow evening.

I also found an article while Googling that mentioned something called Xymol that can be purchased at Target.

Woolite & water mixed 6 parts water to 1 part Woolite. Use a terry or microfiber towel dipped in the solution and another to remove it. That's a strong solution, it can be changed up to 10 to 1 for lighter cleaning.

Last summer my wife got suntan lotion and/or sweat stains on my black leather BMW seats. The stains appeared white.

I used Simoniz leather cleaner to get the stains out. I used a couple of applications using lots of the cleaner each time.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/CarWashingCleaning/Leathercare/PRDOVR~0390479P/Simoniz%2525AE%252BLeather%252BCleaner%25252BConditioner.jsp?locale=en

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back