undercap PU pics, 56k beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PU is in my Buick for just over 5 months now. I just wanted to post some pics of it cleaning. Just a short history of the car/engine. When I got the car, I used PP for 3 month changes. I did this for about a year. Then I did PYB until this Feb. when Ultra was released.

This picture was taken 10/29/07, this is a very bright Luxeon LED 125 lumen flashlight.
photo0217v.jpg

This picture taken in Jan. 2010.

012410100500.jpg

This picture taken 5/23/10. PU was installed 2/14/10

vcflake.png

pic taken 7/11/10

071110164700.jpg

Also taken 7/11/10.

071110164701.jpg

BTW this is the longest I havent changed the oil on any car. I am at almost 3900 miles and just over 5 months. BITOG is helping me to stop the wasting of engine oil. Also the OLM currently reads 17% for those interested. Comments???

Looks like it's getting cleaner. 17% on the OLM at 3900 mi sounds like your engine gets severe service.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
Looks like it's getting cleaner. 17% on the OLM at 3900 mi sounds like your engine gets severe service.

About 40 track passes this year. Plus the OLM is calibrated back around 1998 I'm sure.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Originally Posted By: znode
What am I looking for
54.gif

LOL, I am not sure we can make any conclusions from your pics.
21.gif

LOL I thought the same thing. Maybe an actual view down the hole tells more.
21.gif

Yes it's cleaning,,look at the pic here,the area i marked in red then pan back up and look at the after shots,it's cleaner,brighter.

photo0217v.png

due to the different lighting, different angles, etc., I can't see anything in the pictures that is actually viewing the exact same thing. The only part indicating cleaning has no previous picture showing it dirty in those spots.

Glad you think it is working for you. That is the most important thing.

My aplogies, I wanted to show the inside of the valve cover black like paint varnish disappearing. I ended up adding alittle too much info. I showed from when I got the car.

5/23/10:
vcflake.png

I took a clearer pictures this morning to show the inside VC varnish disappearing.
7/21/2010:
capturepx.png

You guys are welcome. I just liked to share that because for me it's exciting that a product does what it says it will do. For me it seems that PYB and PP were not strong enough to eat away at the inside of the VC garbage. Just to clarify, I believe at some point of 2008 I painted the front VC black (externally only).

I guess the PU will stay in there at least until the OLM goes to 0%. I have way more confidence in motor oil because of all the time reading on BITOG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back