Mazda 3 2.3 litre oil change interval recommendat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I haven't posted in a while. My wifes Mazda 3 is coming up on the 5K mile mark. It calls for either 3K/ 4 month or 6K/ 6 month intervals. She does a number of short trips a week, but also some good highway runs.

I'm running Castrol Syntec 5w20. How is the newest Syntec for slightly extended drains? I was wondering about pushing it to 6K miles, which would take her to the 6 month mark.....I just dont want to be changing the oil in the middle of winter!

Castrol Syntec 5w20 for 6K miles with a quality filter like Mazda OEM or PureOne from Purolator will be more than fine!

I am doing 10-12K with both Duratechs, and I believe they are basicaly the same engines that you have. If you are out of warranty you might want to concider that OCI.

You might check your manual again. Unless the Mazda3 is different, my 2006 Mazda6i (with the same 2.3L) calls for 5k OCIs for severe service and 7.5k OCIs for normal service.

If you run a synthetic, I'd go at least 7,500k. My car looks to be able to run 10k OCIs with Pennzoil Platinum pretty easy. I have an 11mi commute one-way that is 50% highway.

Thanks guys, I'll check again. Regardless, it doesnt sound like a 6 month inverval will be a problem at all!

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Castrol Syntec 5w20 for 6K miles with a quality filter like Mazda OEM or PureOne from Purolator will be more than fine!

This. It can handle it with ease.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back