iphone 4 price request from friend in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no clue about those phones and prices...
can someone help me to help this friend of mine, who's from UK?
This is her request:

"..could you find out for me what is the price for an iphone 4 - 16GB - sim free in US?"

Thanks!

Is there such a thing as an Iphone without a sim?

I don't think so. You can go to ATT.com/wireless and get the price. It will be the same everywhere.

I wouldn't be buying one in my name and sending it to her, though.

nah i wouldn't do it either - she's coming to visit USA soon, and probably wants to buy one...
I also didn't see one with sim-free...if you google iphone4 sim-free, ALL the links are UK/european ones...so idk why she wants to buy one here.

When we get them up here they will be SIM-Free but the funny part is we only have 2 GSM carriers up here and the one is owned by the second so they don't care.
lol.gif

(FIDO & ROGERS)

I'm not 100% sure they sell them without a contract, but I think they do. They did with the 3GS. Without a contract, it's around $500 for the 16 GB iPhone.

Most of the US phones (including iPhone) are locked to the provider. If you get your friend an iPhone, it will be usable only as a wifi device rather than a phone.

I heard that you can buy an unlocked iPhone in Canada, for around $600US, that's probably the best bet.

There's stuff all over the net about unlocking them. When the original iPhone came out, people would come into the Apple store and buy many of them to sell over seas. Then Apple instituted a policy that you could only buy five of them. If a person was suspected of buying them to take over seas, we weren't supposed to sell them the phones.

I generally didn't care. It was too busy there to play detective, plus you really can't deny someone.

If bought in the US (AT&T store) without a 2-year contract, the price is $599 for a 16GB one and $699 for a 32GB one. You would still need to have it jailbroken before you could use it on a non-AT&T network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back