Generation gap

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very self-important college freshman took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen ...

... sitting next to him why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.

"You grew up in a different world, actually almost a primitive one", he said in a voice loud enough for many nearby to hear. "We, the young people of today, grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, men walking on the moon, our spaceships have visited mars, we have nuclear energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers with light-speed processing, and…" he paused to take another swig of beer…

Which the senior citizen took advantage of to say, "You know, son, you're right. We didn't have those things when we were young… so we invented them. Now, you arrogant little [censored], what are YOU doing for the next generation?"

The applause was resounding.

You geezers just don't understand how tough our generation have it!
27.gif
crackmeup2.gif

I have to admit, I'm embarrassed about my generation. This is why I highly respect my elders.

I cringe when people disrespect their elders.

Originally Posted By: Popinski
I have to admit, I'm embarrassed about my generation. This is why I highly respect my elders.

I cringe when people disrespect their elders.
+1
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
You geezers just don't understand how tough our generation have it!
27.gif
crackmeup2.gif

In some ways you don't have it as good. Fortunately for you, it's not as bad as some of us old gummers make it sound.

Now get off my lawn!
10.gif

Yeah when we were your age we didn't have to walk 8 miles to school with no shoes in the frigid cold with no lunch in blizzard like conditions.

I have heard it all before... "You mean this grass?"

lol.gif

Accept certain inalienable truths, prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old, and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders. - Everybody's Free

As Henry Ford said in a similar situation to a collage student, "Young man, I invented the modern age."

Just saw a 72 Monte Carlo for sale at 7200 bucks, my new 72 Monte Carlo was only 3200.00, of course a 1967 beetle was 1620 dollars. a new Subaru was 900 bucks in 1969, and a pull start model was 700, no electric starter, omy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back