Meaty Nutrients Hold The Keys To Happiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: biodiesel
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Maybe he feels better because he feels better? Humans are built to eat fat and proteins found in meat, we don't have the guts of herbivores and we can't eat just lean meats like carnivores. So having a gut full of grass fed, cap on, rib eye steak with a baked potato could be about as good as it gets in terms eating a satisfying meal, both mentally and physically. Its a meal we are "designed" to love.
Eating salad is good for you but your body knows it can't sustain you without more proteins and fats.

No humans are not "built" to eat fat and proteins found in meat. That is pure nonsense.

With regards to your rib eye and baked potato supposedly being "about as good as it gets" you couldn't be more incorrect. The enzymes needed to break down meat in your stomach, as opposed to starches like those found in potatoes, come from two entirely different groups. These two groups fight and clash against one another for digestion when a human mixes proteins and starches together. When these two groups oppose it creates indigestion and lack of absorption of proper vitamins and minerals. THAT is the reason you claim to feel satisfied after eating a meal like that, and also the reason you feel "full and content" for so long after doing so. It's because your body can't even properly digest what it just ate. You boys need to do some basic dietary research.

If one insists on eating animal flesh as their desired source of protein, then it should only be eaten with greens. A nice salad, green beans, broccoli, collards, spinach sauteed in garlic and olive oil, etc. The supposedly classical American "meat and potatoes" diet is one of the worst things you can do for your body. Hamburger and fries, steak and baked potato is old school and literally ignorant.

Well I guess I am proven wrong... I did do some reading and what you say is true. I'll still argue that a quality fatty meat is a good food source along with the organs, its essentially all that the Inuit have thrived on in the artic regions, and what people in hunter/gatherer took great risks to obtain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back