Its 106*F today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: XS650
Steve S. About 150 miles south of you in Lincoln. It's finally making up for the mild spring and early summer temperatures.

Friday
Clear
101° F | 68° F
Saturday
Clear
104° F | 70° F
Sunday
Clear
104° F | 67° F
Monday
Clear
103° F | 61° F
Lincoln is nice I used to spend all summer at my relatives ranch in Grass Valley When I was a kid. G-O-Ds country for sure.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Steve S. About 150 miles south of you in Lincoln. It's finally making up for the mild spring and early summer temperatures.

Friday
Clear
101° F | 68° F
Saturday
Clear
104° F | 70° F
Sunday
Clear
104° F | 67° F
Monday
Clear
103° F | 61° F
Lincoln is nice I used to spend all summer at my relatives ranch in Grass Valley When I was a kid. G-O-Ds country for sure.

Grass Valley Forecast. Being at 3,000 feet helps.
Friday
Clear
94° F | 70° F
Saturday
Clear
92° F | 72° F
Sunday
Clear
92° F | 68° F
Monday
Clear
81° F | 65° F

And that's a dry heat too.

I drove through Georgetown, Placerville, Coloma (Where Sutter discovered gold)and 104F and Cool today. Cool was 102 when I drove through this afternoon. Those are all in your favorite diety's country but south of here a short drive.

I drove Icehouse Road about noon today and it was just close to 100F. Went up to a fire lookout off Icehouse Road at 6100FT and it was about high 80s going by feel, forgot to look at the thermometer.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
I guess the mid-90s with monsoons everyday aren't so bad afterall.

I'll take a low 100s with low humidity over 90s and monsoons anytime. Notice the night time temperatures in the reports Steve and I listed. And those are still reasonable humidity. I get between 2 and 7 nights a year that it isn't comfortable to open the windows by 10PM, tonight is the first one this year so that means tomorrow is going to be hot.

A lot of it depends on what you are used to, people are adaptable.
10.gif

Forcast for my foggy little town:
Friday 72 / 56
Saturday 72 / 56
Sunday 68 / 52
Monday 65 / 50
Tuesday 65 / 50

Clear to partly cloudy
0% chance of rain
Humidity average 86%

The hotter / higher pressure it stays in the San Joaquin valley the cooler it stays here.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
I guess the mid-90s with monsoons everyday aren't so bad afterall.

I'll take a low 100s with low humidity over 90s and monsoons anytime. Notice the night time temperatures in the reports Steve and I listed. And those are still reasonable humidity. I get between 2 and 7 nights a year that it isn't comfortable to open the windows by 10PM, tonight is the first one this year so that means tomorrow is going to be hot.

A lot of it depends on what you are used to, people are adaptable.
10.gif

I need to experience this thing called dry heat sometime. I can't wait for winter to come.

I just look forward to the mid-westesque spring like weather. But from what we've experienced this winter, I just might get my dry heat from what normally are the a/c vents.

&&

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TODAY/...
-- Changed Discussion --
VERY WARM AND HUMID TODAY WITH DEWPOINTS NEAR 70 AND HIGH TEMPS IN
THE LOWER 90S IN SOUTHERN LOCATIONS. THIS WILL SET THE STAGE FOR
THE CHANCE OF SVR WEATHER. THE SHOWERS AND STORMS WILL START
NEAR 18Z IN THE MOUNTAINS AND WESTERN NH. BASED ON SPC/S
DISCUSSION IT LOOKS LIKE A WIND GUST SITUATION. USED ENHANCED
WORDING IN THE ZONES AND GRIDDED DATA. FOLLOWED THE MAV FOR HIGH TEMPS.

Hot weather here is when I close the windows at 9 am and open them at night.
wink.gif

This entire month has pretty much gone without a seabreeze; I live 20 miles from the ocean. The usually clever handling of house windows is barely hanging on, and the sole bedroom 5k BTU AC is getting used. Mushrooms are growing in my lawn, an unusual sign of humidity.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I'm sitting in an Air Conditioned house that is currently sitting at 21C (69F) and it's very nice!
cool.gif

I feel sorry for those that don't have A/C.

Do you keep that house at 69F in the winter too?

Just make sure ya'll are runnin Mobile 1 to protect your engines from the heat.

Pretty much!
grin2.gif

There are some people who keep their house colder in the summer than they do in the winter. They might keep it at 75F in the winter, and 70F in the summer. I'm not sure why. I find that 77F is plenty comfortable in the summer and anything over about 68F is too warm in the winter..it's the temperature differential between indoors and outdoors, I don't like walking into a blast freezer in the summer and I don't like walking into an oven in the winter.

77 I would be dying. I can usually feel a 1-2 degree difference. My partners parents are energy saving nuts and keep the house at 75 and it's too hot for me to be comfortable.

Gotta be 70 at the most in the summer for me.
wink.gif

Aww, quit yer whinin' All we have is a couple ceiling fans and lots of windows! 77 with reasonable humidity would be just fine for me.
Of course our lack of HVAC technology has some benefits... Our heating AND cooling energy bill is about $150 for this year.
thumbsup2.gif

I have been spoiled my whole life with A/C and my dad is a mechanic so our cars always had working A/C.

I will whine all I want...
lol.gif

I generally don't use a/c too much but 106F is way too hot! Feel bad for anyone who has to work outside in those conditions.

Originally Posted By: brianl703
I'm sitting in an Air Conditioned house that is currently sitting at 21C (69F) and it's very nice!
cool.gif

I feel sorry for those that don't have A/C.

Do you keep that house at 69F in the winter too?
Seems most people keep the house cold in the summer and hot in the winter.

It's been warm in Chicagoland, with an abnormal amount of humidity.
Fun!
But anyone who was around here in 1988 knows what a real HOT summer was!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back