cartridge type filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there much difference in the different brands of these filters? are they all capable of 10,000 mile oci's, or does one perform better than the others?
the 2 vehicles in question are a 2010 toyota 2.5l and a 2006 mazda 2.3l
which brand can go 10,000 miles?

thanks.

They are going to be rated for what your manual states as an OCI. If the Toyota and Mazda both say 10k miles then you will be fine. If they state lower, you are on your own.

Bill

I do 10K+ with filters in my Fusion(same engine in your Mazda I believe) and they come out very clean. I have used Pure 1, Bosch, and have a M1 cartridge going in with the next OC. 10K for the filter isn't a problem if your engine is clean to start with.

The cartridge oil filter in my '00 E430 was very clean after 12-13k miles OCI's, I'm going to re-use it on the next OCI in about 2 weeks if it is as clean as I saw in previous oil changes. Since filter holder is on top of the engine, I can remove the filter holder to check every few months. This is one of the reasons I like cartridge oil filter, specially if it is mountref on top of the engine, you can visually check the condition of the filter and re-install without any mess.

I do 10k oci on my girlfriend's 2.2l ecotec grand am. I use pure one and wix filters. Never had a problem with supertech cartridge filters either!

Mazda CX7 cartridge filters (OEM or WIX) come out fairly dirty but, look good at 6,000 miles. If mine came out clean, I'd suspect the filter was not doing the job intended.

My Fusion has the cartridge and with the last OC it came out very clean. 11K on the oil and filter and the oil still appeared good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back