What is this bike really worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will defer to the wisdom of others on this one. It is within reasonable distance for me to drive and pick up.

If it isn't worth $399, what should I offer?

Giant road bike

Here`s what I want to find. A mint condition 1979 Redline Proline. Except I`d want a fluted alloy seat post,fluted alloy handlebars,alloy Sun Tour Pedals,bronze Smoker chain,and Skyway Tuff Wheel 1`s w/freewheel.
o7q1ee.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, there is a bicycle shop that sells/services Giant bikes within about 10 minutes of my home.

It is probably worth $3-400.

That is a guess. It's clearly mint, but it's a little older now. I had a 2004 Devinci Silverstone with full 105 and it was a great bike. It retailed for $1999.

I'd try to find something a little newer, but of course that's just my preference. 105 is a nice component set. For what it's worth, I ride a 58CM frame, and I am about 6'1". Fits me well.

You may find that it's worth more than $400 - it seems to be in pretty good shape and has decent components. actually, what's it worth to you? are you sure that you would like that style of bike and that type of frame? If so, go price what new ones are (likely close to $2k or more) so.... what would this one be worth to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back