Pennzoil Ultra 5w30 7000 miles 2005 Nissan Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
50/50 city highway. Truck is a work truck and gets a good workout around Houston.

I have no idea about the silicon, but we had a really dusty Spring and I have a CAI. Lead is not high, so I'm not worried at all.

I used a Mobil 1 filter. Refilled with the same oil. Truck runs like a top, never had to add any make up oil.

Prior runs were Mobil 1 5w30 EP and TSUV.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks excellent and good on you for doing your Titan a favor.

Once upon a time I was in your shoes using M1 5W-30 EP and M1 5W-30 and switched over to Pennzoil Ultra and I'm never looking back.

This looks to be a very good UOA. Some more trained eyes should come along soon and comment.

i have bin using castrol edge 5w30 in my 2007 titan fore the last 2 oil changes i also use the royal purple oil filters so far my titan seams too like it it is super quite al i here are the injectors i realy need to get it it analized though

SOPUS is making better oils than XOM. Looks pretty obvious to me.

i am running ultra in my G5...normally i would not spend 28$ for a jug of oil but think pennzoil has a very god rep and i wanted to try the best they offer now, thx for uoa

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Do you have K&N air filter ?

Yes, and I love it! The truck has some minor performance mods...

K&N cold air intake, magnaflow, and 2 degree timing advance.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more I am glad I made the switch. Nothing against my old M1, but I am now changing teams! I know that some Nissan engines can be hard on the oil, but I am plugging this for all my Titan friends.

Originally Posted By: daman
Get rid of the stone catcher it's clearly not working for you then go 10,000.

agreed. looks like a good oil and the nissan engines are tough on oil.

that being said, a difference of ~6ppm on iron is not enough (for me) to anoint a new champion. the Pb was nice too.

Last edited:

Never!:) I might switch to an AFE dry filter, but I love the extra power. Plus it goes nice with the Magnaflow!

>

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: coachditka

Never!:) I might switch to an AFE dry filter, but I love the extra power. Plus it goes nice with the Magnaflow!

>

this is one of those situations i just don't understand. a premium oil being used with a K&N. you would be just as well off with castrol GTX if you are going to keep the K&N. air intake filtration is at least as important as good oil (i would say more). if you want more power, go with a lighter oil as a 0w20 would give you more power without so badly compromising the engine.

Originally Posted By: coachditka

>

So add additional engine wear for maybe a 1% power increase??
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back