Quaker State Synthetic GM4718M & dexos 1 certified

Status
Not open for further replies.
QS QHorsepower full synthetic is GM4718M & dexos 1 certified. This is one good oil. The following link also explains the GM4718M & dexos 1 spec requirements. I have always believed QS is PP (base stock/add pack) without the extra cleaning agents.

No link?

I know on the Pennzoil Q&A posted on the main page they said the Pennzoil synthetics had been approved by GM for Dexos 1, so does not surprise me the Quaker State would also be approved.

I'm sure other synthetics will follow.

Cool. You'd think Mobil would have been the first. Go SOPUS!

Pennzoil Platinum® Exceeds New Oil Spec For 2011 GM Vehicles

HOUSTON, July 2010—General Motors is introducing dexos1™, a new global engine oil specification for gasoline and E85-fueled vehicles, in all 2011 model year Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles. Basically, the company requires that every owner of these vehicles use an oil that is dexos1™ approved at every oil change. It also encourages owners of pre-2011 GM vehicles (except diesels) to use a dexos1™-approved oil as well, as the new specification offers several advantages over previously available motor oils, including improved levels of:
• Engine cleanliness
• Corrosion protection
• Sludge control
• Wear protection
• Aeration control
• Fuel economy
GM says these will result in improved engine life and performance.
Therefore, every owner of the GM vehicles mentioned — new and old — should be pleased to learn that new, next-generation Pennzoil Platinum® full synthetic motor oil is fully dexos1™-approved in the popular SAE 5W-30 viscosity grade.
And they should be even more pleased to learn that new, next-generation Pennzoil Platinum® actually exceeds dexos1™ standards, particularly in the area of engine cleansing. Pennzoil Platinum® keeps pistons up to 40% cleaner than the
toughest industry standard*. So try new dexos1™-approved Pennzoil Platinum® and Feel The Clean.
*Based on ILSAC GF-5 and Sequence IIIG piston deposit test using SAE 5W-30.
http://www.pennzoil.com/documents/DexosPressRelease.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back