Pennzoil sludge cleaning ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's reverse sarcasm, or if some people were born without a sarcasm detector. I'm fairly sure it's the latter!

FWIW, there's two jugs of the new Pennzoil GF-5 10w-30 sitting in my garage.

Ca is being lowered if anything.

Maybe a formulator can help us out here.

Originally Posted By: Stuart Hughes
Here we go again- Oh, dat bad ol' Pennzoil!
smirk2.gif

If Pennzoil yellow bottle is so bad, how did it accomplish *This*? Link: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...true#Post251306

Yep,Pennzoil yb definitely wins the trophy for the best UOA`s. Better than the most expensive synth oils.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Not the new (expensive) stuff.

I still buy 10W30 to (hopefully) reduce the amount of VII.

Honda engine engineers recommend 10W30 for the high rev S2000 for similar reason.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I tend to ignore comments like this from people who know nothing about it. I can understand where he is coming from according to this link on his profile page. Pretty much says it all to me.

http://www.ranchopower.com/

Looking at that link, he needs to brush up on his grammar and spelling skills.

Originally Posted By: buster
It's not just marketing. They are marketing their performance upgrades which for GF-5 include better sludge/deposit control. It's probably a better detergent/dispersant package or somsing like dat.

It is marketing. Results will vary, its not guaranteed to do anything, it may, but not guaranteed. This is the case with all oils.

That sounds like a lawyers answer, which is none. Well water will fairly clean you off in a shower. However I prefer to use soap. Whatever is in ultra that is different you won't know it would be propritory. It may well keep your engine the cleanest but that doesn't necessarily mean its much better than its competition.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Marketing. PYB is a good product though don't get me wrong.
All oils have cleaning agents and when used as intended, will keep your engine at least (fairly) clean inside.

Originally Posted By: c3po
Originally Posted By: nutsbolts
If you use Pennzoil bottom of the barrel oil, you may end up with sludge, yes? They do say the new super clean cleans better than their Platnium, Yes?
I find it strange for a company that advertises the newest oil as the best for an engine, but yet sells an oil that is poorer quality...
Javier

Can you back your STATEMENTS up with any kind of proof, if not, this is starting to sound like a SMEAR Campaign against a SPONSORED Product.

I have much intrest in machines and the ability to keep them operating at full power when needed, performance of a machine is what I like to improve on no matter what machine.
I know how to find the source of a problem when it comes up, I just like to Fix the problem before it becomes a fiasco.

I always have proof
[removed non site sponsor advertising]

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
If you use Pennzoil bottom of the barrel oil, you may end up with sludge, yes? They do say the new super clean cleans better than their Platnium, Yes?
I find it strange for a company that advertises the newest oil as the best for an engine, but yet sells an oil that is poorer quality...
Javier

Yup, you're yet another uninformed troll.

Since you clearly don't know the facts, conventional GF-5 Pennzoil claims to clean 40% of existing sludge just like Pennzoil Platinum does.

Do you also think the conventional version of each brand of oil is also "poorer quality" compared to the synthetic version?

I went to the Pennzoil website and viewed the Warranty, very impressive Warranty!
They Guarantee that your engine will be protected every 4000, miles or every 4 months with a oil change.

very Impressive warranty...

Javier

I just still think of a recent thread that asked the question re. Amsoil still had DIESTERS??? Do you know?? or does anyone know or are is anyone allowed to know ?Oh, and do you know anyone that uses the bottom of the barrel oil that forms sludge?? Where does this happen?? What kind of source can get me this info???? No rush, just if you should find any of this info, Any one??? Any
21.gif
one???
Originally Posted By: c3po
Javier

Can you back your STATEMENTS up with any kind of proof, if not, this is starting to sound like a SMEAR Campaign against a SPONSORED Product.

I have much intrest in machines and the ability to keep them operating at full power when needed, performance of a machine is what I like to improve on no matter what machine.
I know how to find the source of a problem when it comes up, I just like to Fix the problem before it becomes a fiasco.

I always have proof [removed non site oil company advertising]

Last edited by a moderator:
So if I use Amsoil for 15,000 mile oci and Honda tells me to take a hike re the warranty claim I made because of oil related problem,
34.gif
Amsoil will stand by me??? And also while we are on the subject would you be interested in some water front property in Idaho ??
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Javier

Yup, you're yet another uninformed troll.

Since you clearly don't know the facts, conventional GF-5 Pennzoil claims to clean 40% of existing sludge just like Pennzoil Platinum does.

Do you also think the conventional version of each brand of oil is also "poorer quality" compared to the synthetic version?

I went to the Pennzoil website and viewed the Warranty, very impressive Warranty!
They Guarantee that your engine will be protected every 4000, miles or every 4 months with a oil change.

very Impressive warranty...

Javier

What precisely has gone wrong with this thread? We had a perfectly valid question, to which some of us, myself included, would like answered, or at least hear some speculation. Instead, we're being fed regurgitated nonsense about Pennzoil causing sludge and useless statistics about engine warranties.

Originally Posted By: Garak
What precisely has gone wrong with this thread? We had a perfectly valid question, to which some of us, myself included, would like answered, or at least hear some speculation. Instead, we're being fed regurgitated nonsense about Pennzoil causing sludge and useless statistics about engine warranties.

+1

i actually just clicked on this to see what people had to say. apparently not all that much.

Originally Posted By: Anies
Originally Posted By: buster
It's not just marketing. They are marketing their performance upgrades which for GF-5 include better sludge/deposit control. It's probably a better detergent/dispersant package or somsing like dat.

It is marketing. Results will vary, its not guaranteed to do anything, it may, but not guaranteed. This is the case with all oils.

This is my point. Marketing is just in how its advertised "sludge cleaning ability" or whatever is just words.

Does anyone here actually not believe that any modern oil will not clean sludge when used within its boundaries? (not over extended OCI)

Javier

I'm pretty sure this "nut" can be ignored completely.

From his website:

Quote:
If you own a Buisness that your equiptment is vital to your survival I offer services to you and your Company.

It's pretty much an Amsoil shill that makes Amsoil look bad.

I never got why Amsoil decided to do multi-level marketing. You're always going to have the morons and shills like this that make your company look bad. If you have good oil, word of mouth will do plenty. Red Line is a good example.

Pennzoil sells the oil that sludges up engines then the platnium that cleans up engines and then the new super clean.

Makes no sense other than profit to sell the cheaper blend.

So Pennzoil will sell you sludge on one end and then sell you super clean on the other end?

This is sort of snake oil sales if you ask me...

Why in 40 years they did not make a better product?

33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back