Best FI Cleaner Available in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

Aside from Amsoil PI which I can't get in time for a job I have to do Monday... What's the best available Fuel Injector cleaner that I can dump in a friends tank?

I have heard good things about and use CDN Tires Motomaster concentrated injector cleaner. I buy it on sale and use as my yearly maintenance dose for all my engines. All of them run great and get far above EPA fuel economy ratings too.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

BK44 is the best otc cleaner on the market. It's one of the few products that actually made a difference when I used it.

Glad to see you back Stevie :)
Thanks... Where do I get that?

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: hate2work

BK44 is the best otc cleaner on the market. It's one of the few products that actually made a difference when I used it.

Glad to see you back Stevie :)
Thanks... Where do I get that?

I got mine at the local Napa. Not sure about Canada though. Call around and see if anyone carries it.

Motomaster Ultra fuel system cleaner appears to be PEA based, like Techron. Haven't found the MSDS to compare them though. At least it's as close as your neighbourhood CT.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
I have heard good things about and use CDN Tires Motomaster concentrated injector cleaner. I buy it on sale and use as my yearly maintenance dose for all my engines. All of them run great and get far above EPA fuel economy ratings too.

x2 - 1996 K1500, 259,000 kms no injector / drivability related problems throughout life of vehicle (replaced one fuel pump... mechanical failure nothing to do with gasoline or additives). One treated tank per oil change since new.

Can you get RedLine Sl-1 in Canada? Its an excellent fuel system cleaner.

Chevron Techron and Gumout 'Regane' are two other very good cleaners that will clean up your entire fuel system including fuel inectors. All are PEA based.

I've use all three at different times...and they all work well.

Last edited:
Can't get those in time for a job on Monday... And yes, I'm back!
grin2.gif

After trying Amsoil and Redline FI cleaners my vote goes to RL. Pep Boys carries the RL cleaner.

WB Stevie, if you can get BG44K Id go with that. Ive seen it it clear a gelled gas tank and had the best of luck with it from my street racing days. It works fast, RL works too, but not to fast effect from what Ive seen. Of course run Shell V Power and if you can about 20% E85 if you can mix it all. We did this about 6 years ago here.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Can't get those in time for a job on Monday... And yes, I'm back!
grin2.gif

Parts Source or Canadian Tire usually/often has SI-1. I think results are more consistent with Parts Source if you have one of those.

Techron has been gone from Canada for years.

If you're widening the list because of tight time frame you could also look for BG44K or the LubroMoly products (Jectron and something else). I couldn't see those being easier to get than Redline.

Last edited:
Canadian Tire Motomaster (the $13 thing) is PEA based.

Canadian Tire has carried Redline SI-1 for years. I hear that they are discontinuing it and I have bought it on sale for $8.99.

One reason I heard that they may stop selling redline is they are now (eg starting in May) carrying Gumout Regane.

Their PartSource outlets also carry Seafoam now, if that is your thing (never seen it at the CT store though)

So, need something quick go to [censored] Tire and you should have two or three choices

I ended up using the $13 can of CTC stuff. Seems to have worked great as the guy I did the work for is saying the Corolla is running great.

Originally Posted By: peterr
Canadian Tire Motomaster (the $13 thing) is PEA based.

I'd like to hear more about this. Product pictures? Evidence of PEA? % of PEA? (that's not meant to be inflammatory)

I was in PS this morning - no Redline (I was looking for it), no Seafoam (but I was not looking for it). I also noticed they didn't have Rislone anymore, but that's a different forum (if you can get a word in edgewise around all the ARX stuff going on).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back