Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BrianWC
I think the Outlander has a lot better rep than the Endeavor.

One is made by Mitsu in Japan, the other is made at the DSM plant in Illinois. I'd take the Hyundai on a whim, even though my old boss got burned by their Santa Fe BAD. The motor started burning oil and killed the cat 3 years later. They junked it.

And Audi Junkie's scored a pretty good deal too.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I just got a sweet deal on a Tiguan.

june25car-dogpics_and_intense_gr-6.jpg

jun12006.jpg

I would NEVER buy a Mitsubishi.

wow, audi junkie. your buying new rides every year now. the honda accord got dumped?

I was in a weird spot with it. After perfecting the paint situation, so idiot whacked it with a bike while parked in NYC. So, I could either paint it AGAIN or live with it. I saw the 1.9% offer on Tiguan, which I liked anyway, and we really missed having a SUV, after selling the CRV to my cousin.

So I got +$4k more trade than I owed, put it in my pocket (well, paid off a credit card) and financed the whole VW at invoice price, making LOWER payments in the process. Got a manual 6-sp trans for fun factor and price. The thing is incredible.

Some people "get it" and some don't, and I couldn't really care less. Some of the brands mentioned on this thread have absolutely no "soul". Either you know what that is or you don't. I learned to drive on a Porsche at 9 years old in 1973, so...I "get it".

btw-

http://www.history.navy.mil/library/online/usprisoners_japancomp.htm#fn57

And some people don't read the MASSIVE warnings about PROFOUND VW [censored] poor quality issues. The warnings are there in ALL car magazines about how BAD VW is, yet some people continue to buy them, even doing stupid things like financing the entire amount.

Wow....

If that is "getting it" then I prefer not to "get it".

The Smart Money NEVER buys VW...even the Korean makes score MUCH higher in quality then the VW brand.

Funny how amazing it is find all kinds of kooks on the internet...especially those that burn through tons of $$ replacing cars ever other year or worse...I guess to "get it" one has to be stupid with finances.

And the only "soul" one should be concerned with are the souls of their children and wife...because paying big $$ for one of the most poorly made cars on the planet is to not care about their souls. REVELATION FROM GOD: Cars have no soul...hello?!?

By the way Audi-boy, nobody ask you to post your financial mistake here ;-)

Last edited:
I'm not going to run out and buy a VW either, but I'm not going to rant and rave about it...
Audi Junkie likes an SUV with some sport. I'm sure he is well aware of the potential extra cost of owning a VW SUV over a hyundai. The hyundai suv MAY be cheaper to own but the VW will always be more engaging to drive. If driving pleasure is worth 0 to you then buy the cheapest most reliable vehicle... Other people may choose differently.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Looking for a new suv something with a good warrantee and track record i like the Mitsubishi Endeavor and Hyundai Santa fe what is everyone's opinion on these two vehicles they seem to give the best bang for the dollar and have great warantees and also you can get great deals on them they seem to come down a lot on the sticker price well at least one dealer did...Also what about crash tests?
I like gm and ford but the warantees and the fact that they dont give good deals cancelled them out..
Looking for some input

I have a 2006 Sante Fe with over 300K KM's on it (180K miles) and I have only replaced the battery, brakes and an oxygen sensor.

Best truck I have ever owned and I would definitely buy another!

Originally Posted By: lovcom
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

june25car-dogpics_and_intense_gr-6.jpg

jun12006.jpg

wow, audi junkie. your buying new rides every year now. the honda accord got dumped?

I was in a weird spot with it. After perfecting the paint situation, so idiot whacked it with a bike while parked in NYC. So, I could either paint it AGAIN or live with it. I saw the 1.9% offer on Tiguan, which I liked anyway, and we really missed having a SUV, after selling the CRV to my cousin.

So I got +$4k more trade than I owed, put it in my pocket (well, paid off a credit card) and financed the whole VW at invoice price, making LOWER payments in the process. Got a manual 6-sp trans for fun factor and price. The thing is incredible.

Some people "get it" and some don't, and I couldn't really care less. Some of the brands mentioned on this thread have absolutely no "soul". Either you know what that is or you don't. I learned to drive on a Porsche at 9 years old in 1973, so...I "get it".

btw-

http://www.history.navy.mil/library/online/usprisoners_japancomp.htm#fn57

And some people don't read the MASSIVE warnings about PROFOUND VW [censored] poor quality issues. The warnings are there in ALL car magazines about how BAD VW is, yet some people continue to buy them, even doing stupid things like financing the entire amount.

Wow....

The Smart Money NEVER buys VW...even the Korean makes score MUCH higher in quality then the VW brand.

Funny how amazing it is find all kinds of kooks on the internet...especially those that burn through tons of $$ replacing cars ever other year or worse...I guess to "get it" one has to be stupid with finances.

And the only "soul" one should be concerned with are the souls of their children and wife...because paying big $$ for one of the most poorly made cars on the planet is to not care about their souls. REVELATION FROM GOD: Cars have no soul...hello?!?

A little harsh aren't you? I have owned 5 VW and have been drop dead reliable. A little more maint, but It is worth it.

Originally Posted By: lovcom

Wow....

Too bad your meds are wearing out.

Last I checked, VW has the highest resale and the Koreans the lowest. The Korean brands are hardly pioneers in automobiles either. The fact their owners think they are great is actually a source of amusement. Every Hundai owners I know, their last car was an even more miserable wretch.

As far as the Tiguan, Audi can sell more of their version, the Q5 than they can make. It's outright hilarious to even try to compare to a Hundai or Mitsubishi (one of the worst vehicles on the planet).

It's just like I said, the Kool Aid drinkers are so insecure about their lame vehicles, they have only their own acolades to refer to. In this case, the accolade is a psychotic rant, it reflects well on your group.

As for the OP, buy whichever vehicle is cheaper, that's probably all you care about or you'd be looking elsewhere.

Here's a good example of the difference, low-speed crash tests.

A series of slow crashes are done, back into a pole, bump the corner into a wall, etc. Then add up the repair costs.

Vehicles like Sorento, Focus, Mazda 6 costs like $4500 to repair. Slo-mo pics it looks like the thing had C4 packed behind the bumper, while cars like the A6, Beetle and Golf just bounced right off. $0-$50 to maybe $200 in repairs for the same accident that cost $4500 on p0s vehicles.

Still, some people don't get it. Watch some of the high speed crashes if you still wonder.

Here's a good example of the difference, low-speed crash tests.

A series of slow crashes are done, back into a pole, bump the corner into a wall, etc. Then add up the repair costs.

Vehicles like Sorento, Focus, Mazda 6 costs like $4500 to repair. Slo-mo pics it looks like the thing had C4 packed behind the bumper, while cars like the A6, Beetle and Golf just bounced right off. $0-$50 to maybe $200 in repairs for the same accident that cost $4500 on p0s vehicles.

Still, some people don't get it. Watch some of the high speed crashes if you still wonder.

Nice way of bypassing the censor.

BTW, the Sorrento, Focus and Mazda absorbed the impact, your darlings transferred them to the occupants, if what you say is true.

Where are these test videos you speak of?

Every Hundai owners I know, their last car was an even more miserable wretch.

Painting with a rather broad brush, are we?
I "stepped down" to my Kia from a 4-year old Toyota loaded TRD OR Tacoma, hardly a "miserable wretch".

Oh, what was wrong with the TOYOTA?

IZUSU? lol, you're killing me!

2002.isuzu.axiom.5635-E.jpg

Just when I thought no one was going to one-up a Mitsubishi!

EDMUNDS says... Editors Rating 5.3 (lol)

Like most Isuzu SUVs, the Axiom is a middle-of-the-road effort, amounting to little more than a rehashed Rodeo wearing nice duds and a Halloween mask for effect.

Performance: 1 Fun-to-Drive: 2 Reliability: 1

I have had nothing but troubles with this SUV from the transmission, to the electrical, and the list continues. I am very disappointed in Isuzu and will never by one again. Plus on top of all the problems the parts are hard to find and real expensive. To make matter worst this car bounces like crazy no matter what I've done. Buyer beware!

I've had this car for a little over two years and it is in the shop again for a blown engine. The last time, it had an issue with the engine and it completely seized, this time a rod shot through the block. It's a pain having to have it in the shop so often

Holy smokes, could you pick a more wretched vehicle?

You sure "stepped" in something.

KIA Spectra worth $6k at 2 years old? Awesome machine, glad you are happy.

EDMUNDS Says:
Engine can get noisy at higher rpm, soft suspension tuning on lower-end models, antilock brakes available on top SX trim only, disappointing IIHS crash test scores.

One should also consider the Spectra's lackluster safety attributes and lack of up-to-date convenience features. As such, the 2008 Kia Spectra will likely appeal only to those economy sedan and hatchback shoppers on a tight budget.

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety rated the Spectra "Acceptable" (second best) for frontal-offset safety but only "Poor" (the lowest) for side-impact safety.

lol, and you're going to lecture ME about how great your vehicles are? lol, if you every get a good one, that would be a start.

Originally Posted By: Ursae_Majoris
BTW, the Sorrento, Focus and Mazda absorbed the impact, your darlings transferred them to the occupants, if what you say is true.

yeah, that's how they get best-in-class safety ratings!
crackmeup2.gif

How many vehicles did you actually DRIVE, or are you relying on some bozo's advice or maybe just shopping from brochures? Mose people with a good sense about vehicles would be sure to look at Honda CRV, Rav 4 and even a Murano. I would sayt the Hundai is the default winner in your false dilemma of these two weak vehicles.

If you were a single mom going out on on diaper runs, you probably would never know the difference, but if you are a car guy who likes to drive and can tell the difference, yes, other vehicles are way better. Even from a bean-counter perspective, Honda and VW hold resale value better, making them a better purchase. I believe the more you like a vehicle, the more likely you are to keep it longer, which actually gives the best possible result. Like I said, driving a box-on-wheels like the vehicles you mentioned or taking advice from a guy with an Izusu Axiom is beyond lame.

If you buy a piece of [censored] you deserve what you get, so go for it, chunky or smooth, who cares?

EDMUNDS says... Editors Rating 5.3 (lol)

A 10 year old article about Axiom is all you can say? Ad hominem attacks on the vehicles I drive and all Hyundai owners is your best argument? Toyota truck was great for when I needed it, but I do not like to make car payments and family needs changed. I sold it and bought Kia with cash. Aside from mortgage I am now debt free.
In 10 years I had Axiom, I replaced a battery, an Intelligent Suspension System control sensor (under warranty) and AC fan (under warranty). That's it, other than regular fluid changes. Works great for me.
BTW, did you know that 2003 Axiom was only a second car on the market that had a direct injection engine at the time (MB was the other one)? IIRC, Isuzu licensed it to VW.

OP--I'd take a Hyundai. I am happy with my Kia (a Hyundai Elantra's sister). I am will be shopping for a Hyundai or Kia station wagon in a year or so myself.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tim H.

And I would definitely Never buy a Volkswagen!

Nobody asked you.

Nobody asked me either but I have to agree. VW is some of the worst junk I have ever had to work on. I am glad the 5 people I knew with them finally got tired of the unreliable junk and got rid of them. Well except for my sister inlaw. Speaking of which I have to fix the strut bearing plates now on her POS.

Anybody need a like new 2.0 coil? I have an aftermarket one the dealer made her take off and replace with an OEM unit so they would warranty her catalytic converter. Junk junk junk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back