Difference between BG 44K and CF5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of cans of BG 44K, and also BG CF5. Both say add to fuel tank. Does anyone know what, if any difference is between the two of them?

Yes, the 44K is about twice as strong as the CF5. Both are excellent products. Use the 44K for the initial cleaning then use the CF5 every 5K thereafter.

On both products, pour in the tank then fill up immediately.

Originally Posted By: Johnny248
Originally Posted By: mikered30
How old is the BG 44K?

Couple months??

The reason I asked is because the older BG 44K had PEA listed on the MSDS, and the newer MSDS does not list it.
http://www.kansasbg.com/complete_set_of_msds/208.pdf

Maybe they like Techron, decided to hide their PEA, as MSDS sheets are not ingredient lists. Makes you wonder though why it is so expensive and may not contain PEA. The older stuff was really popular on here until PEA was dropped from the MSDS sheets, unfairly or not.

I wonder why they'd drop PEA from the MSDS sheet since it is what makes the product good. If I were the company mgmt I'd want the educated consumer to know I have PEA in the product. My thinking is if they dropped it from the MSDS sheet they took it out of the product.

I'd use it up then I'd look for something else.
27.gif

An MSDS is not for consumers! It is for medical/safety emergencies. No company with a brain is going to design their MSDS around what they want the consumer to know.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
An MSDS is not for consumers! It is for medical/safety emergencies. No company with a brain is going to design their MSDS around what they want the consumer to know.

In the past most companies that had PEA in their product listed it on their MSDS, now only a handful list the PEA. I would only buy cleaners that list PEA, otherwise it is just a mystery.

Originally Posted By: mikered30

In the past most companies that had PEA in their product listed it on their MSDS, now only a handful list the PEA. I would only buy cleaners that list PEA, otherwise it is just a mystery.

Then check their ingredient listings, not the MSDS.

Then check their ingredient listings, not the MSDS.

Almost all of them have stopped giving ingredient listing. Certainly, there is none on the bottle which shows PEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back