Rotella T6 5W-40 in Audi 2.0T FSI 8300 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotella T6 looks like some awesome oil, my Audi's motor being both direct injected and turbocharged, it's really hard on oil. Rotella T6 still looked good after 8300 miles! I also run this in my Honda Superhawk motorcycle, Cummins diesel pick-up, and a 400hp 74' Corvette. Considering running it in my 2010 Corvette too, though it specs 5w-30.

audi.jpg

I think it had Castrol in it when I bought it used, but I've always run Rotella 5W-40 in it since I first changed it (this was the 3rd change by me).

Probably did the top-off at like 4500 miles. I over filled a bit and it was a little over a quart low. It was down a quart when I changed it. These cars are known for burning a quart or two between changes even when new. The PCV system on these turbo motors is complicated, and sucks! It was replaced under warranty once by the PO. Performance has always been great though, goes great, gets near 30mpg, and is the best car or truck I've ever had in the snow.

Thanks for he feedback. Oil and car are doing well it seems and there is no reason beyond science play to change anything.

The extra visc seems to be a plus for this engine. Compared to universals, wear is about 1/2 with +50% mileage. The add pack from the universals looks like mostly oem fill low/mid saps oil.

The thicker more additized oil works better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back