Your instrument panel at speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I snapped this one driving home from work in the mustang the other day (since my car was layed up). I drove all the way home (30 miles highway) with the gas light on (Even after that, I still only could put 14.5 gallons in a 16 gallon tank). I'll have some from my car and the truck soon. 2250RPM at 75mph.

Photo0165.jpg

That gauge cluster looks very familiar! Yours must have the 3.55 gears, or lower. Because mine turns about 2000rpm at 80.
But anyway, I'll snap a shot of mine tomorrow sometime.

Originally Posted By: semaj281
That gauge cluster looks very familiar! Yours must have the 3.55 gears, or lower. Because mine turns about 2000rpm at 80.
But anyway, I'll snap a shot of mine tomorrow sometime.

This is the 4.0L V6/5sp Auto, not sure of the gearing, but I'm sure that makes a difference.

8wdx52.jpg

Don't remember why I took this one? Maybe because the CEL was actually off and the needles were somewhat aligned, lol!

The center gauges on the 'stang look hard to read. Temp, fuel, not a good idea to skimp for the sake of style.

Originally Posted By: meangreen01
The center gauges on the 'stang look hard to read. Temp, fuel, not a good idea to skimp for the sake of style.

I can see mine just fine in person.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac

Nice pic. The mountains look beautiful and the HUD looks cool.

Thanks, that is the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada about 4 years ago. Not sure just where, probably not far from Bishop.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Nick R: I'm guessing that isn't the 1997 Cavalier. 74 mph at 2,000 rpm seems off for that application, along with the 65,000 miles.
wink.gif

You'd be right. That is the 2003 Expedition 4.6L

Originally Posted By: Nick R
I snapped this one driving home from work in the mustang the other day (since my car was layed up). I drove all the way home (30 miles highway) with the gas light on (Even after that, I still only could put 14.5 gallons in a 16 gallon tank). I'll have some from my car and the truck soon. 2250RPM at 75mph.

Photo0165.jpg

I think 97tbird posted something like that recently and soon afterward got a speeding ticket ....
35.gif

An old one from my '07 Grand Marquis back in the day, although I only took a shot of the speedometer:

dsc0090.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back