Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a new suv something with a good warrantee and track record i like the Mitsubishi Endeavor and Hyundai Santa fe what is everyone's opinion on these two vehicles they seem to give the best bang for the dollar and have great warantees and also you can get great deals on them they seem to come down a lot on the sticker price well at least one dealer did...Also what about crash tests?
I like gm and ford but the warantees and the fact that they dont give good deals cancelled them out..
Looking for some input

Where did you get the info. that the Endeavor had a good reputation? We bought a SUV late last summer and in our research we quickly excluded the Endeavor.

The Santa Fe is a nice vehicle. Bad gas mileage, and the same refinement as the Escape (ie: not very refined inside). The warranty is very good.

The Chevy Equinox (what we bought - 2010) and GMC Terrain do not have good deals right now regarding financing and/or cash back. If you can wait a few months that will change.

I have social reasons why I wouldn't buy a Ford, but they do have some good deals. As for the vehicles themselves, the ones you'd probably be interested in are overpriced and not great inside (Edge), or basically a ten year old technology vehicle (Escape).

Of the two you mentioned I'd go Santa Fe. But I'd also not forget about the GM offerings (especially if you aren't looking to buy ASAP), and you could look at the Kia Sorento (though the reviews on them say lots of rattles and such after only a few months).

I just got a sweet deal on a Tiguan.

june25car-dogpics_and_intense_gr-6.jpg

jun12006.jpg

I would NEVER buy a Mitsubishi.

You didn't mention if you're looking at 4cyls or V6s.
But if you're considering a V6 Ford, the price you'd pay for an Escape would be close to the price of an Edge, which is a better vehicle in my opinion.
As for the Hyundai, I had an 03 Santa Fe GLS V6 and liked it for the most part. There were some electrical issues with the air bag system and the CEL coming on randomly. Hopefully they have those issues worked out by now. It averaged 17mpg with a city/highway mix. But then again who buys SUVs for the gas mileage right?

Last edited:
The new Sante Fe is nice but its sister product the Kia Sportage looks better in my opinion. I am talking about the upcoming 2011 model.

If people were smart, they would not buy the VW Tiguan and the failing Mitsubishi Endeavor. I've had experience with VW's and they have horrible reliability and you need unnecessary expensive oils, premium gas and VW parts. The Mitsubishi Endeavor has a bad reputation in my city.

You should shop for the Santa Fe or American SUV's like the Terrain or Escape!

The Endeavor is a dated design. I would go for a new Santa Fe. Also, Mitsus don't seem to be very popular, and my aunt's Galant seems cheaply made. The only Mitsu I would go for would be the Evo.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie

jun12006.jpg

wow, audi junkie. your buying new rides every year now. the honda accord got dumped?

Originally Posted By: Tim H.

And I would definitely Never buy a Volkswagen!

Nobody asked you.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

jun12006.jpg

wow, audi junkie. your buying new rides every year now. the honda accord got dumped?

I was in a weird spot with it. After perfecting the paint situation, so idiot whacked it with a bike while parked in NYC. So, I could either paint it AGAIN or live with it. I saw the 1.9% offer on Tiguan, which I liked anyway, and we really missed having a SUV, after selling the CRV to my cousin.

So I got +$4k more trade than I owed, put it in my pocket (well, paid off a credit card) and financed the whole VW at invoice price, making LOWER payments in the process. Got a manual 6-sp trans for fun factor and price. The thing is incredible.

Some people "get it" and some don't, and I couldn't really care less. Some of the brands mentioned on this thread have absolutely no "soul". Either you know what that is or you don't. I learned to drive on a Porsche at 9 years old in 1973, so...I "get it".

btw-

http://www.history.navy.mil/library/online/usprisoners_japancomp.htm#fn57

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

jun12006.jpg

I was in a weird spot with it. After perfecting the paint situation, so idiot whacked it with a bike while parked in NYC. So, I could either paint it AGAIN or live with it. I saw the 1.9% offer on Tiguan, which I liked anyway, and we really missed having a SUV, after selling the CRV to my cousin.

So I got +$4k more trade than I owed, put it in my pocket (well, paid off a credit card) and financed the whole VW at invoice price, making LOWER payments in the process. Got a manual 6-sp trans for fun factor and price. The thing is incredible.

Some people "get it" and some don't, and I couldn't really care less. Some of the brands mentioned on this thread have absolutely no "soul". Either you know what that is or you don't. I learned to drive on a Porsche at 9 years old in 1973, so...I "get it".

btw-

http://www.history.navy.mil/library/online/usprisoners_japancomp.htm#fn57

I get what you are saying. That is why I love the Euro brands. Oh! by the way, nice purchase....

Originally Posted By: Tim H.

And I would definitely Never buy a Volkswagen!

Nobody asked you.

Nor was your 2 cents 'asked' for.. So whats your point?

This is the reason we lack any late model wrong wheel drive Eastern tech in our driveway. I cannot stand "transport appliances"!

Thank God we have some choices still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back