by Stelth
Today at 09:28 AM
Castrol SynBlend 5w/30 5,500miles 12 Canyon
by NewC-05
Today at 07:47 AM
Generator Questions / Comments
by Vikas
Today at 07:23 AM
Why do some brands only publish tq and not hp?
by LoneRanger
Today at 06:49 AM
Replaced Opti-Coat with CQuartz UK - Holy Gloss!
by The Critic
Today at 02:59 AM
Newest Members
papafordboy, mrmjmab61, dink28m7, Titus12, JayBirdy
50791 Registered Users
Who's Online
101 registered (123Saab, 2sld3kf2bt, 90crvtec, 2009Edge, AandPDan, 8 invisible), 2195 Guests and 217 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50791 Members
64 Forums
216986 Topics
3416268 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1945988 - 07/07/10 08:43 PM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Audi Junkie]
Ursae_Majoris Offline

Loc: South
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Here's a good example of the difference, low-speed crash tests.

A series of slow crashes are done, back into a pole, bump the corner into a wall, etc. Then add up the repair costs.

Vehicles like Sorento, Focus, Mazda 6 costs like $4500 to repair. Slo-mo pics it looks like the thing had C4 packed behind the bumper, while cars like the A6, Beetle and Golf just bounced right off. $0-$50 to maybe $200 in repairs for the same accident that cost $4500 on p0s vehicles.

Still, some people don't get it. Watch some of the high speed crashes if you still wonder.

Nice way of bypassing the censor.

BTW, the Sorrento, Focus and Mazda absorbed the impact, your darlings transferred them to the occupants, if what you say is true.

Where are these test videos you speak of?

#1945992 - 07/07/10 08:46 PM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Audi Junkie]
Ursae_Majoris Offline

Every Hundai owners I know, their last car was an even more miserable wretch.

Painting with a rather broad brush, are we?
I "stepped down" to my Kia from a 4-year old Toyota loaded TRD OR Tacoma, hardly a "miserable wretch".

#1946013 - 07/07/10 09:01 PM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Ursae_Majoris]
Audi Junkie Offline

Loc: PA
Oh, what was wrong with the TOYOTA?

IZUSU? lol, you're killing me!

Just when I thought no one was going to one-up a Mitsubishi!

EDMUNDS says... Editors Rating 5.3 (lol)

Like most Isuzu SUVs, the Axiom is a middle-of-the-road effort, amounting to little more than a rehashed Rodeo wearing nice duds and a Halloween mask for effect.

Performance: 1 Fun-to-Drive: 2 Reliability: 1

I have had nothing but troubles with this SUV from the transmission, to the electrical, and the list continues. I am very disappointed in Isuzu and will never by one again. Plus on top of all the problems the parts are hard to find and real expensive. To make matter worst this car bounces like crazy no matter what I've done. Buyer beware!

I've had this car for a little over two years and it is in the shop again for a blown engine. The last time, it had an issue with the engine and it completely seized, this time a rod shot through the block. It's a pain having to have it in the shop so often

Holy smokes, could you pick a more wretched vehicle?

You sure "stepped" in something.

KIA Spectra worth $6k at 2 years old? Awesome machine, glad you are happy.

EDMUNDS Says:
Engine can get noisy at higher rpm, soft suspension tuning on lower-end models, antilock brakes available on top SX trim only, disappointing IIHS crash test scores.

One should also consider the Spectra's lackluster safety attributes and lack of up-to-date convenience features. As such, the 2008 Kia Spectra will likely appeal only to those economy sedan and hatchback shoppers on a tight budget.

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety rated the Spectra "Acceptable" (second best) for frontal-offset safety but only "Poor" (the lowest) for side-impact safety.

lol, and you're going to lecture ME about how great your vehicles are? lol, if you every get a good one, that would be a start.

#1946040 - 07/07/10 09:14 PM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Ursae_Majoris]
Audi Junkie Offline

Originally Posted By: Ursae_Majoris
BTW, the Sorrento, Focus and Mazda absorbed the impact, your darlings transferred them to the occupants, if what you say is true.

yeah, that's how they get best-in-class safety ratings! crackmeup

#1946085 - 07/07/10 09:48 PM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Audi Junkie]
Audi Junkie Offline

lol. shocked

You guys wouldn't know a good vehicle if it swam up and bit you in the rear!

#1946123 - 07/07/10 10:34 PM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Audi Junkie]
crazyoildude Offline

Loc: new jersey
what cars are u talking about im lost here

#1946125 - 07/07/10 10:35 PM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: BrianWC]
crazyoildude Offline

Loc: new jersey
why do u think the outlander is better??

#1946175 - 07/07/10 11:40 PM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: crazyoildude]
Audi Junkie Offline

How many vehicles did you actually DRIVE, or are you relying on some bozo's advice or maybe just shopping from brochures? Mose people with a good sense about vehicles would be sure to look at Honda CRV, Rav 4 and even a Murano. I would sayt the Hundai is the default winner in your false dilemma of these two weak vehicles.

If you were a single mom going out on on diaper runs, you probably would never know the difference, but if you are a car guy who likes to drive and can tell the difference, yes, other vehicles are way better. Even from a bean-counter perspective, Honda and VW hold resale value better, making them a better purchase. I believe the more you like a vehicle, the more likely you are to keep it longer, which actually gives the best possible result. Like I said, driving a box-on-wheels like the vehicles you mentioned or taking advice from a guy with an Izusu Axiom is beyond lame.

If you buy a piece of [censored] you deserve what you get, so go for it, chunky or smooth, who cares?

#1946238 - 07/08/10 02:26 AM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Audi Junkie]
Ursae_Majoris Offline

A 10 year old article about Axiom is all you can say? Ad hominem attacks on the vehicles I drive and all Hyundai owners is your best argument? Toyota truck was great for when I needed it, but I do not like to make car payments and family needs changed. I sold it and bought Kia with cash. Aside from mortgage I am now debt free.
In 10 years I had Axiom, I replaced a battery, an Intelligent Suspension System control sensor (under warranty) and AC fan (under warranty). That's it, other than regular fluid changes. Works great for me.
BTW, did you know that 2003 Axiom was only a second car on the market that had a direct injection engine at the time (MB was the other one)? IIRC, Isuzu licensed it to VW.

OP--I'd take a Hyundai. I am happy with my Kia (a Hyundai Elantra's sister). I am will be shopping for a Hyundai or Kia station wagon in a year or so myself.

Edited by Ursae_Majoris (07/08/10 02:29 AM)

#1946286 - 07/08/10 05:51 AM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Audi Junkie]
ProStreetCamaro Offline

Loc: MD
Originally Posted By: Tim H.
I just got a sweet deal on a Tiguan.

I would NEVER buy a Mitsubishi.

And I would definitely Never buy a Volkswagen!

Nobody asked you.

Nobody asked me either but I have to agree. VW is some of the worst junk I have ever had to work on. I am glad the 5 people I knew with them finally got tired of the unreliable junk and got rid of them. Well except for my sister inlaw. Speaking of which I have to fix the strut bearing plates now on her POS.

Anybody need a like new 2.0 coil? I have an aftermarket one the dealer made her take off and replace with an OEM unit so they would warranty her catalytic converter. Junk junk junk

#1946512 - 07/08/10 10:12 AM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: ProStreetCamaro]
Audi Junkie Offline

I love when local talent tries to "work" on Euro cars and screws them up, more work for people who actually have a real skills.

What about the GM SUVs? My local mechanic just got an Equinox, it seems pretty good...over a Hundai or Izusu.

#1946519 - 07/08/10 10:16 AM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Ursae_Majoris]
Audi Junkie Offline

Originally Posted By: Ursae_Majoris

A 10 year old article about Axiom is all you can say?

Works great for me.

I am happy with my Kia. I am will be shopping for a Hyundai or Kia station wagon in a year or so myself.

If you were a single mom going out on on diaper runs, you probably would never know the difference, but if you are a car guy who likes to drive and can tell the difference, yes, other vehicles are way better. Like I said, driving a box-on-wheels like the vehicles you mentioned or taking advice from a guy with an Izusu Axiom is beyond lame.

How many vehicles did you actually DRIVE, or are you relying on some bozo's advice or maybe just shopping from brochures? Mose people with a good sense about vehicles would be sure to look at Honda CRV, Rav 4 and even a Murano.

If you buy a piece of [censored] you deserve what you get, so go for it, chunky or smooth, who cares?

#1946544 - 07/08/10 10:34 AM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Audi Junkie]
wallyuwl Offline

Loc: Lexington, KY

What about the GM SUVs? My local mechanic just got an Equinox, it seems pretty good...over a Hundai or Izusu.

We have a 2010 Equinox and have had more than our fair share of problems with it. Most of those problems, however, have since been worked out for new factory production vehicles (we got one of the very first ones produced LAST spring).

The most pressing issue people seem to have on Edmunds (where I have posted often on our Nox) is that it has a "dieseling" sound to it (more so after break-in). Another issue people have is a "ticking" sound from the engine. Mine does both as well. The "ticking" is normal for this DI engine according to GM. Putting in high octane gas helps reduce it. As for the "dieseling", I'm not convinced it is a "problem" or not normal for this vehicle. That is why there is the 5 yr/100k mile warranty.

I'd buy the vehicle again. It is much more refined inside compared to other vehicles in its class (CRV which is an eco-box, RAV 4 which is a P0S, Rogue which is pretty nice but smallish, Escape which is basically a 10 year old vehicle in design/mechanics, Patriot which isn't even worth talking about). Also bigger and has better mileage than its competitors. If you want to tow anything you have to get the 6 cyl. It is certainly a much better choice than the Mitsu or the Hyundai the original poster inquired about.

#1946560 - 07/08/10 10:42 AM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Audi Junkie]
Win Offline

Loc: Arkansas

Like the Germans and their industry were any better than the Japanese.

They were every bit as despicable, maybe worse. Read Shirer's The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich if you haven't already. Pay particular attention to the chapter titled The New World Order ( I think, it's been a couple of decades since I read it).
04 Xj8 4.2 V8 Fram 5/30
99 S-10 2.2 I4
94 Xj12 6.0 V12

#1946622 - 07/08/10 11:30 AM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: wallyuwl]
Ursae_Majoris Offline

What mileage do you get from your Equinox? Anywhere close to new EPA ratings? No flaming, just curious.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >