Recent Topics
Honda Pilot gas mileage
by G-MAN
Yesterday at 09:21 PM
Anyone else fed up with today's country music?
by 04SE
Yesterday at 08:52 PM
Best Oil Filter For A 2001 Toyota Avalon V6
by crazyoildude
Yesterday at 08:33 PM
Had Trav service my injectors.
by ls1mike
Yesterday at 08:14 PM
Video review/test - Noco Genius Boost
by 901Memphis
Yesterday at 07:24 PM
Interference diesel engine
by MDettling
Yesterday at 07:06 PM
Corolla 1/2 quart too much ATF?
by Corollaman
Yesterday at 06:42 PM
yr car has a security system. u lose all the keys,
by edwardh1
Yesterday at 06:15 PM
Attepted to steal van
by Scott_mi
Yesterday at 04:36 PM
is there an advantage to exercise spare tires?
by friendly_jacek
Yesterday at 04:06 PM
Type b grease for Sawzall
by Dan55
Yesterday at 03:56 PM
Charged By Dogs on Bicycle (Different Dogs)
by john_pifer
Yesterday at 03:50 PM
Newest Members
rvs, tortillasoup, Natedawg, exaltedfox, universalpapers5
51639 Registered Users
Who's Online
38 registered (badger05, Bloodknights, 1foxracing, bradepb, bigt61, Charlie1935, 4 invisible), 802 Guests and 155 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51639 Members
64 Forums
220948 Topics
3491882 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1935118 - 06/26/10 09:20 PM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Cutehumor]
crazyoildude Offline

Loc: new jersey
i would never buy a vw but not sure about the mitsubishi either

#1935142 - 06/26/10 09:41 PM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Cutehumor]
Audi Junkie Offline

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
I just got a sweet deal on a Tiguan.

I would NEVER buy a Mitsubishi.

wow, audi junkie. your buying new rides every year now. the honda accord got dumped?

I was in a weird spot with it. After perfecting the paint situation, so idiot whacked it with a bike while parked in NYC. So, I could either paint it AGAIN or live with it. I saw the 1.9% offer on Tiguan, which I liked anyway, and we really missed having a SUV, after selling the CRV to my cousin.

So I got +$4k more trade than I owed, put it in my pocket (well, paid off a credit card) and financed the whole VW at invoice price, making LOWER payments in the process. Got a manual 6-sp trans for fun factor and price. The thing is incredible.

Some people "get it" and some don't, and I couldn't really care less. Some of the brands mentioned on this thread have absolutely no "soul". Either you know what that is or you don't. I learned to drive on a Porsche at 9 years old in 1973, so...I "get it".

btw-

http://www.history.navy.mil/library/online/usprisoners_japancomp.htm#fn57

#1935385 - 06/27/10 08:25 AM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Audi Junkie]
Autobahn88 Offline

Loc: Kingston On, Canada

wow, audi junkie. your buying new rides every year now. the honda accord got dumped?

I was in a weird spot with it. After perfecting the paint situation, so idiot whacked it with a bike while parked in NYC. So, I could either paint it AGAIN or live with it. I saw the 1.9% offer on Tiguan, which I liked anyway, and we really missed having a SUV, after selling the CRV to my cousin.

So I got +$4k more trade than I owed, put it in my pocket (well, paid off a credit card) and financed the whole VW at invoice price, making LOWER payments in the process. Got a manual 6-sp trans for fun factor and price. The thing is incredible.

Some people "get it" and some don't, and I couldn't really care less. Some of the brands mentioned on this thread have absolutely no "soul". Either you know what that is or you don't. I learned to drive on a Porsche at 9 years old in 1973, so...I "get it".

btw-

I get what you are saying. That is why I love the Euro brands. Oh! by the way, nice purchase....

#1935419 - 06/27/10 09:02 AM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Audi Junkie]
Propflux01 Offline

Loc: Arkansastan
Originally Posted By: Tim H.

And I would definitely Never buy a Volkswagen!

Nobody asked you.

Nor was your 2 cents 'asked' for.. So whats your point?

A 55 Gallon Drum And A Shovel Can Solve A lot of Life's Little "Problems"

#1935525 - 06/27/10 11:42 AM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Audi Junkie]
SteveSRT8 Online   content

Loc: Sunny Florida

This is the reason we lack any late model wrong wheel drive Eastern tech in our driveway. I cannot stand "transport appliances"!

Thank God we have some choices still...
4340 pounds, Street tires
Just like we go to Publix

#1935781 - 06/27/10 04:44 PM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: SteveSRT8]
MrCritical Offline

Loc: La.
Santa Fe.

And keep all your maintenance receipts.

#1938305 - 06/30/10 08:04 AM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: MrCritical]
BrianWC Offline

Loc: Louisiana
I think the Outlander has a lot better rep than the Endeavor.

#1940461 - 07/02/10 04:07 AM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: BrianWC]
nthach Offline

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: BrianWC
I think the Outlander has a lot better rep than the Endeavor.

One is made by Mitsu in Japan, the other is made at the DSM plant in Illinois. I'd take the Hyundai on a whim, even though my old boss got burned by their Santa Fe BAD. The motor started burning oil and killed the cat 3 years later. They junked it.

And Audi Junkie's scored a pretty good deal too.

#1940818 - 07/02/10 12:46 PM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Audi Junkie]
lovcom Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL

btw-

And some people don't read the MASSIVE warnings about PROFOUND VW [censored] poor quality issues. The warnings are there in ALL car magazines about how BAD VW is, yet some people continue to buy them, even doing stupid things like financing the entire amount.

Wow....

If that is "getting it" then I prefer not to "get it".

The Smart Money NEVER buys VW...even the Korean makes score MUCH higher in quality then the VW brand.

Funny how amazing it is find all kinds of kooks on the internet...especially those that burn through tons of $$ replacing cars ever other year or worse...I guess to "get it" one has to be stupid with finances.

And the only "soul" one should be concerned with are the souls of their children and wife...because paying big $$ for one of the most poorly made cars on the planet is to not care about their souls. REVELATION FROM GOD: Cars have no soul...hello?!?

By the way Audi-boy, nobody ask you to post your financial mistake here ;-)

Edited by lovcom (07/02/10 12:48 PM)

#1940836 - 07/02/10 01:00 PM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: lovcom]
IndyIan Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I'm not going to run out and buy a VW either, but I'm not going to rant and rave about it...
Audi Junkie likes an SUV with some sport. I'm sure he is well aware of the potential extra cost of owning a VW SUV over a hyundai. The hyundai suv MAY be cheaper to own but the VW will always be more engaging to drive. If driving pleasure is worth 0 to you then buy the cheapest most reliable vehicle... Other people may choose differently.

#1941538 - 07/03/10 10:53 AM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: IndyIan]
Propflux01 Offline

Loc: Arkansastan
The point of this whole thread was the OP wanting opinions over a Hyundai or a Mitsubishi SUV. Thats where it should have stayed IMHO.

A 55 Gallon Drum And A Shovel Can Solve A lot of Life's Little "Problems"

#1941540 - 07/03/10 10:57 AM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: crazyoildude]
StevieC Offline

Loc: Niagara Falls, ON, CA (near)
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Looking for a new suv something with a good warrantee and track record i like the Mitsubishi Endeavor and Hyundai Santa fe what is everyone's opinion on these two vehicles they seem to give the best bang for the dollar and have great warantees and also you can get great deals on them they seem to come down a lot on the sticker price well at least one dealer did...Also what about crash tests?
I like gm and ford but the warantees and the fact that they dont give good deals cancelled them out..
Looking for some input

I have a 2006 Sante Fe with over 300K KM's on it (180K miles) and I have only replaced the battery, brakes and an oxygen sensor.

Best truck I have ever owned and I would definitely buy another!

Don't be part of the Sheeple, check frequently for wool over your eyes. wink

#1941569 - 07/03/10 11:30 AM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: lovcom]
Autobahn88 Offline

Loc: Kingston On, Canada
Originally Posted By: lovcom

btw-

And some people don't read the MASSIVE warnings about PROFOUND VW [censored] poor quality issues. The warnings are there in ALL car magazines about how BAD VW is, yet some people continue to buy them, even doing stupid things like financing the entire amount.

Wow....

The Smart Money NEVER buys VW...even the Korean makes score MUCH higher in quality then the VW brand.

Funny how amazing it is find all kinds of kooks on the internet...especially those that burn through tons of $$ replacing cars ever other year or worse...I guess to "get it" one has to be stupid with finances.

And the only "soul" one should be concerned with are the souls of their children and wife...because paying big $$ for one of the most poorly made cars on the planet is to not care about their souls. REVELATION FROM GOD: Cars have no soul...hello?!?

A little harsh aren't you? I have owned 5 VW and have been drop dead reliable. A little more maint, but It is worth it.

#1945940 - 07/07/10 07:48 PM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: lovcom]
Audi Junkie Offline

Originally Posted By: lovcom

Wow....

Too bad your meds are wearing out.

Last I checked, VW has the highest resale and the Koreans the lowest. The Korean brands are hardly pioneers in automobiles either. The fact their owners think they are great is actually a source of amusement. Every Hundai owners I know, their last car was an even more miserable wretch.

As far as the Tiguan, Audi can sell more of their version, the Q5 than they can make. It's outright hilarious to even try to compare to a Hundai or Mitsubishi (one of the worst vehicles on the planet).

It's just like I said, the Kool Aid drinkers are so insecure about their lame vehicles, they have only their own acolades to refer to. In this case, the accolade is a psychotic rant, it reflects well on your group.

As for the OP, buy whichever vehicle is cheaper, that's probably all you care about or you'd be looking elsewhere.

#1945950 - 07/07/10 07:58 PM Re: Hyundai Santa Fe Or Mitsubishi Endeavor [Re: Audi Junkie]
Audi Junkie Offline

Here's a good example of the difference, low-speed crash tests.

A series of slow crashes are done, back into a pole, bump the corner into a wall, etc. Then add up the repair costs.

Vehicles like Sorento, Focus, Mazda 6 costs like $4500 to repair. Slo-mo pics it looks like the thing had C4 packed behind the bumper, while cars like the A6, Beetle and Golf just bounced right off. $0-$50 to maybe $200 in repairs for the same accident that cost $4500 on p0s vehicles.

Still, some people don't get it. Watch some of the high speed crashes if you still wonder.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >