How many spare magazines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, those of you with semi-auto handguns like a 1911, PPK/S, Browing 9, etc, how many spare magazines for the thing do you own? I have like 5, am I wierd?

I have 4 total for my Glock. They are the 10 round ones since thats all we are allowed here in CA. I need to pick up a few more one of these days.

lol I have too many. I like to have enough magazines for my handguns to have 100 rounds loaded if needed

Last edited:
22 total; 6 for the handgun, and 16 for the rifle
Am planning on getting another 2-4 for the handgun, and 30-40 for rifle.

I certainly always keep them LOADED... Only rotate the carry ammo, and once and awhile, long long while... will dump all the mags at the range and reload with fresh ammo.

Handgun ammo is all hollowpoint personal protection with 1000 rounds, and the rilfe is both greentip and standard ball with XXXXX rounds.

Originally Posted By: Tremo
Guys, those of you with semi-auto handguns like a 1911, PPK/S, Browing 9, etc, how many spare magazines for the thing do you own? I have like 5, am I wierd?
I like a minimum or 5 also. I do not know why 5 is the magic number.

Ditto that on keeping them all loaded and ready to rock and roll. I also keep a loaded mag in the gun but the chamber is empty. Hollowpoints of course. Cor-Bons.

I could not ever venture a guess of how many spare mags I have for my rifles/pistols. Prob 100 or so. I stocked up when they banned high cap mags in 94. My car gun is a S&W 1066 and I carry 6 mags with it.

Ive got 3 mags for my AK47 and I want to buy 4 more. Ive got 3 30rd mags but I want to throw in a 10, 20, another 30, and a 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back