Techron and MMO at same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on here a while back enlightened me that the Techron concentrate is 10X the concentration of Techron that is in Chevron gas and broke down that a .1oz per gal. addition of Techron concentrate would essentially be the same thing as filling up at Chevron.

So that is what I've been doing (I'm currently in GTMO which is why I can't just run to the nearest Chevron), however I used to use MMO in every tank but stopped when I started adding Chevron but then questioned myself. If all I'm doing is adding the super diluted amount of Techron at every tank it would be no different than me going to Chevron filling up then adding MMO.

So it should be safe for me to use the .1oz per gal. of Chevron and the 8oz per tank of MMO correct?

I'm running a full bottle of Gumout Regane and 2 oz of MMO in 9 gallons of gas right now. The car's running great, as it always does on this combination.

You're safe.

I use Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner once a year to remove deposit, if any, in the fuel system. You don't need to use it at every fill up. MMO is a little different, it suppose to lubricate the fuel system and upper cylinders, and it may improve gas mileage as some reported here.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I use Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner once a year to remove deposit, if any, in the fuel system. You don't need to use it at every fill up. MMO is a little different, it suppose to lubricate the fuel system and upper cylinders, and it may improve gas mileage as some reported here.

I don't like giving one big shot of cleaning all at once which is why I dillute to at the pump levels so I know I'm getting consistent cleaning, while much, much less than a full bottle of techron once a year it is consistently being cleaned for the duration of each tank which is more important to me.

I don't know about mixing the 2....but the small portion of Chevron Techron would be so diluted I'd think, and not give any advantage...but that's just my thought :)

Also, I've read that the Chevron Techron at the "pumps" isn't the same as what's sold over-the-counter.

May be better off just using the MMO alone....

I use MMO in every tank and fill up at Chevron 50% of the time. Cars run fine. You are safe.

I am running annual cleaning dose of Techrone thru right now (a bottle in each car). Gas still had residual MMO in it from the previous fill ups (refilled with straight gas after dumping Techrone in). Both Kia and Isuzu are doing great.

Last edited:
The people at RL told me that there would be no problem using MMO and RL Fuel system cleaner at the same time. So if the chemical make up is similar I see no problem. As I mentioned I skip the MMO if I'm using a FI cleaner. Old habits die hard.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
The people at RL told me that there would be no problem using MMO and RL Fuel system cleaner at the same time. So if the chemical make up is similar I see no problem. As I mentioned I skip the MMO if I'm using a FI cleaner. Old habits die hard.

Thats great. Thanks for the reply.

I run MMO, Regane, Amsoil TCW3 and stabil mixed into a 6oz Regain bottle. Works good.

Originally Posted By: Bigsyke
I run MMO, Regane, Amsoil TCW3 and stabil mixed into a 6oz Regain bottle. Works good.

How did you arrive at this brew? Also what is it supposed to accomplish?

Seriously, i am interested, not trying to be difficult.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bigsyke

Works well how? I've never noticed a difference with any fuel additive or different octane fuel for that matter.

20.gif
Enlighten us...

I just used an empty Techron bottle to hold MMO instead of buying a funnel for it. Works pretty good if you want to add an exact amount.

I went against the Techron instructions and put it in on a nearly full tank instead of before filling up. My main reason was that the tank is over 15 gallons and I like to track the gas mileage... Anyone else ever add it after the tank is down to about 15 gallons?

I have found the squeezable lucas UCL bottles (about 28 oz, i think) are great for MMO. One squeeze is right at 1oz for me. It makes it super easy to get the right amount at each fillup.

I use an empty Regane bottle and an empty Gumout Fuel Injector Cleaner bottle, the new style bottle for the new concentrated formulas. I measured out 6 ounces of MMO in each bottle and made a mark with a Sharpie, and I keep one filled and carry it with me all the time in my truck. The bottle fits nicely in the map pocket on my door, makes it super easy to add the MMO to the tank before I buy the gas and I never have to worry about filling up and not having any MMO with me. I always fill up when ny gas gauge is at 1/4 tank full, which is always right at 15 gallons. 6 oz MMO to 15 gallons of Shell 87 octane is the right dose for my truck.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
I use an empty Regane bottle and an empty Gumout Fuel Injector Cleaner bottle, the new style bottle for the new concentrated formulas. I measured out 6 ounces of MMO in each bottle and made a mark with a Sharpie, and I keep one filled and carry it with me all the time in my truck. The bottle fits nicely in the map pocket on my door, makes it super easy to add the MMO to the tank before I buy the gas and I never have to worry about filling up and not having any MMO with me. I always fill up when ny gas gauge is at 1/4 tank full, which is always right at 15 gallons. 6 oz MMO to 15 gallons of Shell 87 octane is the right dose for my truck.

Very similar to what I do. 4 ounces of MMO, 2 ounces of Shell V-Power Cleaner per 15 gallons of regular unleaded. Keep two in the car, and I'm good for 800 miles.

Well I've been doing an 8oz MMO with 2.5oz Techron mixture at every fill for the past 3 fill ups and have had zero issues what so ever. Runs just like before, no better no worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back