Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it is the European Formula it's probably pretty close to the same. If you want to try a Pennzoil European ACEA approved oil, this one would be a good one to use.

15. Will Pennzoil Ultra™ Euro 5W-40 replace the Pennzoil Platinum® Euro 5W-40? When will we see the Pennzoil Ultra™ 5W-40 in stores?

In the near future we will only have Pennzoil Ultra™ Euro 5W-40. We are working with our retail customers to make these vis-grades available.

The FAQ that this info came from is what, 3 months old now?

According to SOPUS, PUE 5w-40 already exists. But according to their distributors and retailers, it does not. :)

I can acquire this oil for re-sell, as well as QS 5w-40 Euro.

I used to re-sell alot of BMW 5w-30 oil as well through my old garage.

I was marking up the oil .50 cents per bottle. Problem was the shipping which no one wanted to pay regardless of the fact that I was not marking up the shipping 1 cent.

If there strong interest, PM me.

BTW.. that QS version, they sell the heck out of that at the disti level because believe it or not, many quick lube places do pay attention to specs.

Last edited:
I just got an email from the oilstore. They said that they just got a shipment of PU 5W-40 in and will let me know pricing as soon as they get into their system. Should be interesting to see what $$$ is.

David

Why doesn't SOPUS make the Euro compatible stuff more widely available?
You can find Syntec 5W-40 pretty easily.
M1 0W-40 is everywhere, as is M1 5W-40 TDT.
GC is readily available on the shelf at AZ or PB, and almost anyone else who carries Castrol can order it for you.
The only SOPUS 5W-40 you can find on the shelf is Rotella.
Why?
You can't really blame the retailers, if they can't even order it.
What is SOPUS thinking?

Just stopped at a Pennzoil Quick Lube Center. Inquired about PU 5W-40. Nope...don't have in stock but let me check my list, again don't even show on the list!

What the heck is Pennzoil up to?

David

Well, a Pennzoil quick lube won't know anything about it unless they order it from their distributor. If the Oilstore has it (which is Purvis Bros) a large Pennzoil distributor, then all distributors can order it from Shell.

When will autoparts stores and big box stores finally realize there is a HUGE market for 5W40 oil? The oil manufacturers make it, but hardly anybody stocks the stuff.

I'd run it in a heartbeat if I could get it. Currently running PP 10W-30, I am probably going to go with GC next, but would take Ultra 5W-40 any day.

The new Q&A has been posted.

Question 14:
When will Pennzoil Ultra Euro spec be available in stores...?!

Answer 14:
Yes, we agree we have to fix this. We understand that the distribution of Pennzoil Ultra™ Euro products is still limited. It’s still early days, but we know that most retailers and installers who stock Pennzoil® motor oils will order the product for you if you ask them to. We are working with all our customers on wider distribution. If you would like us to place an order for you, please send an email to [email protected]

Question 20:
I own a 2010 VW GTI. It specs a 502.00 oil. I was looking at your Euro Ultra 5W-40. The data sheet was impressive for this product. This product can go head to head with Mobil 1 0W-40 with the specs it meets. Then the downfall of this product. I couldn't buy this oil anywhere! I called my local distributors with the SOPUS part number. They couldn't even find this oil for me. In my opinion, Pennzoil failed! Why show a data sheet on the Pennzoil's website for months now, and not have this oil ready to purchase by the consumer? That's just bad marketing.

Answer 20:
We agree we really need to solve the Pennzoil Ultra™ Euro oils availability issue. Keep on asking for this product at your favorite Retailer or Installer as this may help us get more distribution.

-Dennis

Quote:
Keep on asking for this product at your favorite Retailer or Installer as this may help us get more distribution.

LOL! They're getting more and more idiotic with their responses. My local retailer(s) would love to order this product for me, but when I give them the part number (provided by SOPUS tech support), they tell me that such product does not exist in the system. I don't see how "keeping on asking" them will change anything. It is SOPUS who needs to get their act together, not the retailers, IMO.

Originally Posted By: bluesubie
The new Q&A has been posted.

Question 14:
When will Pennzoil Ultra Euro spec be available in stores...?!

Answer 14:
Yes, we agree we have to fix this. We understand that the distribution of Pennzoil Ultra™ Euro products is still limited. It’s still early days, but we know that most retailers and installers who stock Pennzoil® motor oils will order the product for you if you ask them to. We are working with all our customers on wider distribution. If you would like us to place an order for you, please send an email to [email protected]

Question 20:
I own a 2010 VW GTI. It specs a 502.00 oil. I was looking at your Euro Ultra 5W-40. The data sheet was impressive for this product. This product can go head to head with Mobil 1 0W-40 with the specs it meets. Then the downfall of this product. I couldn't buy this oil anywhere! I called my local distributors with the SOPUS part number. They couldn't even find this oil for me. In my opinion, Pennzoil failed! Why show a data sheet on the Pennzoil's website for months now, and not have this oil ready to purchase by the consumer? That's just bad marketing.

Answer 20:
We agree we really need to solve the Pennzoil Ultra™ Euro oils availability issue. Keep on asking for this product at your favorite Retailer or Installer as this may help us get more distribution.

-Dennis

One of you 5W-40 seekers should email Debbie at the email address above to see what she can do. Who knows, maybe someone in the tech department gave out the wrong part/bar code number. Would not be the first time it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back