2011 Mustang GT 5.0 - Its getting Mobil 1 5W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know I said I was using Motorcraft in the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 but I just couldnt resist the deal I got on Mobil 1.

3 Gallons for $45.97 ($3.83 Qt). 3 Gallons for $40.97 ($3.41 Qt). $3.58 a Qt overall. Enough for 3 oil changes.

I used two different discount codes on two seperate orders online at AAP. No shipping with store pickup. I posted the codes on the AAP Topics in the correct forum if anyone is interested.

I couldnt resist. I aint afraid of no stinkin' iron.

Originally Posted By: cool_breeze
Interesting, but how do you like the new engine :)

25.gif

Cool deal on very good oil!
thumbsup2.gif

Now, how long are you going to break it in for before you head to a test and tune, in some great air (might be hard to come by in Balmy 'Bamy), for some timeslips?!?!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Cool deal on very good oil!
thumbsup2.gif

Now, how long are you going to break it in for before you head to a test and tune, in some great air (might be hard to come by in Balmy 'Bamy), for some timeslips?!?!
wink.gif

Its likely going to be at least midfall before I give it a shot. Montgomery and Steele can be very fast in the winter. Density Altitudes down to submarine crush depths. I guess Mike will just have to keep the Showroom Stock Record (12.58 @ 112) until then. I think these cars have an easy 12.4 in them.

I would have "ponied up" the bucks for the moly soaked toyota spec mobil 1 0w20 - and I'm cheap
wink.gif
But the well designed Ford engine should tolerate the PAO wear demons
wink.gif

did you see the royal purple vs mobil 1 comparison?

the test car was a mustang GT. it seems royal purple protected much better than m1 in terms of cam wear

Superb deal on the M1! It should be great for a baseline should you decide to change to something else later on.

Originally Posted By: garlicbreadman
did you see the royal purple vs mobil 1 comparison?

the test car was a mustang GT. it seems royal purple protected much better than m1 in terms of cam wear

I havnt seen a "test". I have seen some cars torn down (including Mustangs) with more cam wear on M1. Ive also seen cars with no cam wear on M1. Including 400,000 mile Police Cars. In my experience it has more to do with just how well the heat treat was done on those individual cams than the oil.

That said Im sure Royal Purple is a great oil but doesnt seem to meet warranty requirements of SM/GF4. All the 5W-20 Ive seen locally is SL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back