Any good oil free performance filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been seeing a lot of not so good feedback on K&N filters on here, and just wondering if there are any oil free performance filters. The vehicle I need it for is a 1995 Mustang GT/5.0L. It has K&N currently on it, and a after market cold air intake which places the filter in the fender well. I can use any 3inch clamp on cone style filter on this intake, and just wanted to see what my options are. I really would like a high flow filter, as this car is about to be far from stock, heads/cam/intake/larger displacement etc., and could use the added air flow. Thanks, Joe

How about spending 25 bucks on an oil analysis to see if the K&N is doing an acceptable job before spending a lot more than that on a new air intake. Just because you read it on BITOG doesn't automatically mean it's true. There are lots of applications where they work just fine. Good luck.

You might take a look at the AMSOIL air filters. They offer a variety of them. I replaced my K&N cone filter with one on the CAI filter setup on my Jetta, as well as the factory filter in the wife's Rabbit. Wish they had one for my Tacoma!

robert

AFE has the only drop in dry air filter i know of. I used to run the knn Filter dry, after i cleaned it the first time i just kept it dry.

Good deal, and thanks everyone! I guess getting the oil tested first to see if there even is an issue would be the way to go. Never had it done before, so would be interested to see if there even is an issue with regards to the K&N, and other areas too. If there is I will def. check out the amsoil air filters along with the others mentioned. Thanks for the help, Joe

I have an Ea Cone filter on my Injen cai on my car, and have noticed somewhat high Si numbers on my UOA. I don't have any uoa with any other filter, so I don't know what the deal is. I also have pre-filter or whatever the water resistant bag thing is called installed on mine. I don't know if it is the filter, I know there are no air leaks on it, there is about an 18" Silicone Tube as part of the intake. Don't know if that would have any effect or not.

My intake came with the Injen oiled filter originaly, but I purchased the Amsoil dry filter for mine. I'm pretty sure all the new Injen intakes come with the Amsoil filter as part of the kit.

sp1873_product.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back