How To Plan For a Second Recession

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only wish we knew when the second one will hit. The only good I see if the low oil prices.

Originally Posted By: salesrep
We are still in the first one.

Very true and the 2nd (if we are lucky) it will only be a worst recession.

Personally I feel it will be much worst than the last few years and make something like Greece look like a small party.

In the long term I think the same problem will arise again unless they ban CDS on non owner of the assets. People using CDS to push against the risk limit will ultimately cause problem. Imagine if you can buy insurance against your neighbor's house multiple times up to the full value, oops, it was on fire last night, wonder why.

50.gif

Good advice from the article.

My wife and I have been saving 30% of our gross pay for the last decade and we plan on doing the same for the next 20 years. As long as you watch your spending habits/budget and avoid buying [censored] you don't need... you will be just fine.

Many people learned their lesson the hard way in this recession and will make some drastic changes in the near future when it comes to managing their money/savings.

Quote:
Companies would start hiring again if they felt economic activity was heating up

They are scared to death of the large tax increases headed their way. It will be quite a long time before the economy recovers...

How To Plan For a Second Recession? It's simple!

Simple? Yes, Simple - you read it correctly.

I have a plan that is easy to implement and guaranteed to be a hit - in my locale anyway.

Please read below.

In tough and uncertain times like now and with whats to come, you need a business that provides a product or service that people want and need - reguardless of the economy. By having this safety-net, you allow yourself to live more comfortably during a recession and if something does happen employment-wise you have something to fall back on and help get you through until employment picks up.

Having desired a home-based business for a while now, I have settled on the idea of making Moonshine. Great to spike your soda/kool-aid/juice with and always in demand.

The local authorities in my area would let me get away with it too - as long as I 'donate' a quart here and there.

27.gif

Rob

Last edited:
How To Plan For a Second Recession

I'm practicing flexibility exercises. I should be able to grab my ankles soon.

The next recession will be a depression and on fixed income you cannot plan for it. When it happens I'm going to Missouri and drink moonshine with Scooter_man.
grin2.gif
11.gif

They gotta shake the change that's fallen under the sofa into their little bag before they get set to start again.

I really think that any return to what we consider normal is just a temporary thing no matter how bad people think it is now. Since we have to borrow more for each evolution, and it accomplishes less and less with each evolution, the cycles get closer and closer. Soon we should be able to manage perpetual accelerating free fall with accompanying inflation and/or interest rate increases that will change daily.

We really can't afford to sustain consumption based on worth. We're borrowed into infinity. Apparently, as Shannow states, we still have some loose change left to squeeze before we reach bottom.

So, we're in a hole. Let's keep digging until we reach bottom.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
The next recession will be a depression and on fixed income you cannot plan for it. When it happens I'm going to Missouri and drink moonshine with Scooter_man.
grin2.gif
11.gif

If I can afford the gas I'll see you there.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: Johnny
The next recession will be a depression and on fixed income you cannot plan for it. When it happens I'm going to Missouri and drink Moonshine with Scooter_man.
grin2.gif
11.gif

If I can afford the gas I'll see you there.

Great - All BITOG members Welcome - the only thing I ask is that you bring your own lawn chairs. Soda & Ice donations are graciously accepted.

Somebody bring a Hotrod to speed-up deliveries.
To my customers - money will be tight so I will also accept quarts of T6 as payment.
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back