CarQuest Batteries??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good or bad? Sort of forced to buy one, well not forced, but the Duvall Auto Parts Car Quest is super convenient when I had essentially zero time. The factory original battery just completely died out of the blue in the 2006 Odyssey (bought in 2005). Wife stranded, I'm at work, crazy day.....

I got the top of the line model. Who makes Carquest batteries? The specs seem reasonable (not over the top fake ratings), fit perfectly, yet a hair larger than stock, and look to be very well made.

I've heard at various times CarQuest batteries are made by Deka / EastPenn. This may vary region-to-region, so I would assume Deka or JCI. I would hope for the former but either should be fine - especially if it comes from a reputable retailer in a super convenient location.

They make a great battery at a modern facility in the USA!!
When I was looking for batteries for my cars I finally chose CarQuest for that reason. I put the top of the line battery in my 2006 Cobalt and 2006 ImpalaSS this January. Great battery so far. Worth the money I think!

the factory honda battery's are horrible.at the dealership i work at we replace 5 to 6 a day, and most of the time they just won't start one day, no previous warning.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Yes it's made by EastPenn. Seems worth the money. Great deal of great info from you guys. Thanks!!

With few exceptions, any East Penn battery is a good one. I strongly prefer them over JCI and Exide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back