How good is the gas from Kroger Fuel Center ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I have a new Kroger Fuel Center thst is going to open by the end of this month. I was wondering how good is the gas from Kroger and where exactly do they get their fuels from ? Kroger keeps this information proprietory so I was wondering if anyone has any information, thoughts, or suggestions about the Kroger Fuel Center ?
Thanks everyone and enjoy !
25.gif

Here they use Marathon & Shell gas, the only way to find out which one is to catch the tanker driver when he fills the tanks. I use their gas all the time in my wife's xB, and have never had any problems with it.

My Wrangler and my wife's X3 seem to run fine on Kroger fuel. However, at around 50,000 miles my Mazdaspeed 3 began to throw an "EGR Flow Insufficient" CEL on a regular basis. A friend suggested that I change fuel brands so I switched from Kroger 93 to BP/Amoco 93. After 3-4 tanks of BP the CEL disappeared and hasn't returned for over 10,000 miles. As a result, everything but the Jeep and X3 get BP/Shell/Texaco or similar.

Wife shops at Kroger (I'm a WalMart guy), so we use it to get the 10 cents off per gallon for every $100 spent shopping. I get good mileage with it. Here in central Indiana, the gas that gives me the worst mileage is the Pilot/Love places.

Kroger is what I use almost exclusively in my T&C and my wife's Regal GS, and have been using it for six or eight years now without any issues whatsoever.

Used it in my GMC Savana 5.7, my Expedition 5.4, Dodge 4.7.

It's especially nice to use the Kroger mastercard for an extra 15 cents off the pump price, which is already as low as or lower than any other station around.

We use Kroger gas, although not always.
Usually, once a month, we'll fill whatever will take maximum advantage of the discount, usually the van.
The gas seems to be just fine.
Also, the Kroger station we use is very high volume, which means the fuel should be clean and fresh.

I use it, when I get the discount. Have been using it all week (2 tanks), w/ the .10/gallon discount, I've been paying $2.33/gallon. Beats the $2.59-$2.69 everywhere else. I figure since Turkey Hill is Top Tier, and since Kroger owns them (and we now have them in the area,) it is probably the same fuel. At any rate, the car runs fine on it.

Not to be too vague here, but I'd say try it and see how the car likes it.

I had a vehicle that just hated Speedway gas, and smelled like it had a different sort of gas problem
wink.gif
when I used Shell. No other vehicle I've owned exhibited similar tendencies.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
My Wrangler and my wife's X3 seem to run fine on Kroger fuel. However, at around 50,000 miles my Mazdaspeed 3 began to throw an "EGR Flow Insufficient" CEL on a regular basis. A friend suggested that I change fuel brands so I switched from Kroger 93 to BP/Amoco 93. After 3-4 tanks of BP the CEL disappeared and hasn't returned for over 10,000 miles. As a result, everything but the Jeep and X3 get BP/Shell/Texaco or similar.

You're assuming the change fixed the problem, but more likely, it would have corrected itself even if you stuck to the Kroger gas.

Originally Posted By: lenjack

You're assuming the change fixed the problem, but more likely, it would have corrected itself even if you stuck to the Kroger gas.

Perhaps you are correct, but I'm not going to risk a relapse just to save a whole 10 cents per gallon. I'll continue to use Kroger fuel in my SUVs and ZTR mowers, but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back