Gumout REGANE Gets my Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NightriderQ45, have you been following the thread at all? I never said that Chevron had 66% PEA. I said compared to the 8oz bottle of Regane that it had the "equivalent." In other words, in case you still don't understand, someone was recommending the very small 8oz bottle over the 16oz Chevron bottle. It is obvious, by whatever math you choose to use, that the 16oz bottle with 30-50% PEA is going to have more PEA than the 8oz bottle with 30-50% PEA. Chevron wins hands down, no question.

I compared the regular and high mileage labels (12oz bottles on Pep Boys clearance table), and the only difference I could see was that the high mileage variety mentioned carburetors.

The only thing that really matters is the presence of PEA and the volume of it in the product.

The MSDS is a good rule of thumb to go by because the volume of hazardous material must be listed in an accurate manner..

However by law the manufacturer DOES NOT have to provide data on NONHAZDARDOUS ingredients unless they CHOOSE to do so. Which is a problem for us in the case.

I too wish that the manufacturers would clearly state the presence of active ingredients like PEA and the ACTUAL amount as well. I figure if enough customers called and complained it would happen.

Originally Posted By: Vizzy

I too wish that the manufacturers would clearly state the presence of active ingredients like PEA and the ACTUAL amount as well. I figure if enough customers called and complained it would happen.

I agree, however the amount of customers that use the product vs the amount of customers like us here on Bitog that actually care/know are small numbers in comparison.

Originally Posted By: ccapital83
according to gumout their all in one does the highest level of cleaning, http://www.gumout.com/cleanerGuide/
hmmm interesting

It doesn't really say that one has the highest level of cleaning. It says that one has the most benefits because it has the additional friction modifiers to improve fuel economy in addition to cleaning.

I think I'm going to call SOPUS and ask them WHY they don't explicitly list PEA on their label and the MSDS data sheets.

Quote:
Less kerosene in the 8oz bottle at 50% PEA, gotta go for the smaller bottle.

So kerosene doesn't clean the injectors valves even a tiny bit ?
21.gif

PepBoys has the older bottles of Regane on clearance.

I might disolve a bit of varnish but it really is ineffective, actually it is really intended to be nothing more than a carrier for the PEA.

Yesterday, I compared Regane and Techron bottles. Neither lists PEA as content. They both claim "proprietary" along with some stoddard solvent etc.

- Vikas

But I picked up all the stock of Regane from Pepboys. They have it for $3.40 for the standard 12 oz bottle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back