Is no one watching the 24 Hours of Le Mans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching it right now!

Teams being able to change a set of brakes in about a minute... Just holy! Great team they got! Haha!

But I'm not as dedicated as you! =P I'll be sleeping not too long from now! Lol

It is 1:05 AM central standard time right now and I'm watching it. Both leading Peugeots out of the race so the number 7 and 9 Audi's are in the lead. One of the Corvettes also went out at about the same time as the lead Peugeot.

I know I'll never get the chance, but I would really love to go see that race in person. Never thought I would get to see the 24-Hours of Daytona but I've had the chance to go to that race the last two years. Who knows, anything is possible.

Audi Wins 1 - 2 - 3
thankyou2.gif
thankyou2.gif
thankyou2.gif
19.gif

I fell asleep watching it about 3 am eastern time. Love this race! Love those cars. Amazing and did you see the size of those rotors? HUGE!

Was anyone watching when they were rebuilding that last Corvette and saw them pour the new oil in to the oil tank. What kind of oil was that. Whatever it was, it was in a plain white gallon jug with no labels at all on it.

Don't remember the guys name, but he was the driver of the #1 Peugeot that ran the last Corvette off track, whatever his name was, he was a jerk.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Was anyone watching when they were rebuilding that last Corvette and saw them pour the new oil in to the oil tank. What kind of oil was that. Whatever it was, it was in a plain white gallon jug with no labels at all on it.

Don't remember the guys name, but he was the driver of the #1 Peugeot that ran the last Corvette off track, whatever his name was, he was a jerk.

Some secret Mobil blend...cough Redline. j/k.

Well, they were in France so the good lord only knows. Would not surprise me at all if it were not some variation of Motul. They would sure have easy access to that product over there. I would really like to know since they have Mobil 1 plastered all over those Corvettes.

You also know all those vicious rumors that have been going around, maybe it was Shell Helix Ultra.
19.gif

Yes, and that Vette was leading (the class) by multiple laps, and more likely than not would have won it's class!!

Dang froggies, I smell Euro conspiracy against the Vettes.
mad.gif

Oh well, at least the Saleen took GT1!
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

They love the Vettes over there: They did a comparaison test with an Audi R8, and the Vette won on both sides: The driving feeling and the track time.

I never saw a so happy professional driver than this guy when he was sliding the vette.

Originally Posted By: Pesca
They love the Vettes over there: They did a comparaison test with an Audi R8, and the Vette won on both sides: The driving feeling and the track time.

I never saw a so happy professional driver than this guy when he was sliding the vette.

Yes, I know.
wink.gif

I was just trying to be facetious and silly with that comment, and really blaming (and angry at) the fates/**** shoot of endurance racing.

I, (unlike most of my fellow countrymen it seems) have NO qualms with the French, even if they cannot reciprocate that feeling to my country and it's people.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not going to be in a Walmart Jug. LOL It's a special blend they make often right there at the track. Doug Fehan has said in several videos they use nothing but M1.

Quote:
Are Mobil 1 Racing oils the exact formulation used by the Formula 1, NASCAR, and Le Mans race teams?
Mobil 1 Racing oils are formulated with the same race-proven, fully synthetic technology used in racing applications around the world. However, typically, Mobil 1 tailors its racing oil technology based on the specifications required by specific teams and/or race applications.

No, it looked like a plain non-labeled white gallon antifreeze jug.

THERE PUTTIN ANTI FREEZE IN VETTES NOW!!! No wonder they lost. Darn sabateurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back