Carb adjusting tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTK

I just got one from eBay for under $10 shipped to use on my Husqvarna 125L string trimmer. After about 5min of tuning all I can say it's like a whole different machine! Out of the box it never idled consistently and throttle response was always finicky. The thing purrs now, will set and idle unattended with nice snappy throttle response. This particular make/model has little splined screws for the L and H adjustments. Same as many Sears/AYP/Poulan products FWIW.
husqvarna_string_trimmer_125l.jpg

530035560.jpg

Joel

If the adjustment screws can be taken right out of the carb, I prefer to use a thin cutting disk on a Dremmel to cut a slot in them. That way, any suitably sized flat screw driver will do the job. I'm bad for misplacing things that are absolutely necessary when the need arises. Flat screw drivers are pretty much everywhere.

I wish that were a fix all. I've found that mine doesn't fit all of them. It was going out of date when I got it. Stupid EPA rules! I'm back to slotting the screw heads.

I just bought one on Ebay, also. My Craftsman weed wip starts like [censored], so I'm hoping that adjusting the carb will help.

Originally Posted By: motorcity
I just bought one on Ebay, also. My Craftsman weed wip starts like [censored], so I'm hoping that adjusting the carb will help.

I just 'fixed' a family member's non-running Craftsman 32cc with a fresh tank of fuel and a new NGK sparkplug. This tool worked perfectly for this several year old Craftsman (curved, removable shaft for other attachments) What a pile BTW. Like yeehaw says, there is definitely different style tamper proof adjusting screws. All the Sears, Poo-lan and Husqvarna's I've come across use the "splined" screw. I think I'd rather go in for a root canal than disassemble all the shrouding or pull the carb apart to get at the darn things to slot with a Dremel.

Joel

Last edited:
I need to get this for my Poulan trimmer I just got. It runs OK since it's new but I can already tell that after a little use it seems to be starting to run too lean. I'll probably end up misplacing/forgetting this tool when I needed it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back