Who trailers their bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just being alive is dangerous.should we just stop living?
If someone is not proficient at anything it can be dangerous i.e. driving a car can be deadly in any weather if someone doesn't know how to drive it.But yet most of us drive cars everyday safely without issue.

My only point is almost anything can be dangerous but if done the correct way can be done safely.

This is from the U.K where they drive 12mo with many days or them being rain days.As you can see deaths from weather are down on the list.
http://www.realclassic.co.uk/newsfiles/news08010300.html

"
This is from the U.K where they drive 12mo with many days or them being rain days.As you can see deaths from weather are down on the list."

Is there a possibility that people might be riding less or that there are fewer people out riding on rainy days?

Having lived in Europe most of my life i would have to say that certainly maybe a few don't drive as much but in general they just put rain gear on.Folks ride all sorts of 2 wheeled vehicles from scooters going to work to regular motorcycles as daily transportation.Personally i rode 365 in the city even in light snow.
Many parts of Europe have rainy weather most of the year,its just accepted and dealt with.

A good friend of mine rides a now discontinued BMW C1 scooter to work every day no matter what the weather.
It has a windshield and wiper with heated defroster vents and heated grips.Not my kind of machine but he loves the thing.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/bmw/bmw-c-1-cityscooter-13940.html

Originally Posted By: Trav
Just being alive is dangerous.should we just stop living?
If someone is not proficient at anything it can be dangerous i.e. driving a car can be deadly in any weather if someone doesn't know how to drive it.But yet most of us drive cars everyday safely without issue.

My only point is almost anything can be dangerous but if done the correct way can be done safely.

This is from the U.K where they drive 12mo with many days or them being rain days.As you can see deaths from weather are down on the list.
http://www.realclassic.co.uk/newsfiles/news08010300.html

Just being alive doesn't increase risk unnecessarily. Riding motorcycles in bad weather does.

What the heck is this now grampi more buzz words into the mix "risk and unnecessarily"? I think you are tying to either belittle my English language skills or something.

I never said there is no danger,i think i clarified that by stating dangerous things can be done safely.Now you want to do a risk assessment first so we don't take any unnecessary risks? Look put your bike on a trailer or leave it in the garage and have fun,me? Well i looked out the window and its raining but i don't think i will taking any unnecessary risk if i take my bike out as the weather folks say the sun should come out later.I will even get the Held gloves out that have a little wiper blade on the finger just to be safe.

Simply riding a motorcycle increases your risk, say, over driving a car.

Going to the hospital for minor sugery increases your risk. I know because they flatlined me while I was in there.

Eggs are bad for you. Bacon is horrible if you believe everything that they tell you. Cigarettes, alcohol, and wild women.

And the list goes on and on and on.

We ride in the rain but normally not by choice. I used to make ten or fifteen thou every year but for the past ten years we've managed to exceed 30,000 miles each year. If the weatherman says that it's a 30% chance of rain then (typically) I get rained on 30% of the time. HA!

Is it more dangerous to ride in the rain? Sure, it is. We slow down and pay extra attention. Does the rain keep us from riding? Nope.

Also - we ride a little bit of everything. Right now we have a Honda, a Triumph and a couple Harleys. Only two states I haven't ridden in are Washington and Oregon.

Be safe out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back