Blasted cycle computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
I have a specialized turbo elite cycle computer. Today the speed would not register.

The turbo elite has a cadence sensor that is wired, and a wireless speed sensor.

Cadence still works fine. Everything else on the computer is fine.

Changed the bike computer battery, changed the wireless sensor battery too - nothing.

So, no luck... Amy ideas what else to do? I could buy a replacement sensor kit for $40, but not sure it's worth it compared to a new unit.

What are the best bike computers now? I always liked the specialized ones, and the wired ones I've found to last forever and be very battery efficient.

It is a road bike so no need for wireless, but I'd consider it... My broken one is ca. 2007, so not sure if the tech has really improved.

Ugh. Thoughts or recommendations?

I have a wireless specialized on my road bike with no cadence sensor. I have replaced the sensor battery and it works fine.

I wonder if it would reset if the batteries were out long enough?
That sucks that it just went out. I hate when that happens on things. I'm about where you are not knowing what ones are quality. Maybe REI or Amazon would be good for looking at reviews on different ones for getting a feel of what ones are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back