What is your OCI for Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running the second of two 5000-mile intervals on PP 5W-30 in the Buick's normally-aspirated 3.8 V-6. I'd guess I do about 70% city driving, hot weather nearly all year, with a 9-mile commute one way, totaling about 850 miles/month. (There's not a lot of places to go in The Swamp, especially when it's nasty hot and you're risking damages from potholes.)

The OLM seems to count down at about 11 to 12% a month. Right now, at 5 months, it's at 47% oil life left.

Originally Posted By: ChiTDI
Toyota warranty limits me to 5k/6 months, otherwise I'd go further.

+1 me too. When warranty expires I will go 6-7000

I'm running a 6K interval on my 2009 I4 Camry w/ PP 5W-20.

30,000 on the clock and I'm betting on no oil related problems.

I use PP 5w30 for my 6 month, 5k mile OCI in my 4-Runner from April through September. From October through March, I run PP 5w20 as a winter oil.....(another 6 months and 5k miles).

I set out to run PP 5W-30 for 6 months in my E-150 since the miles accumulated in that time period won't be many. After some thought, I might let it stay for 9 months instead. I doubt a 9 month OCI is going to hurt anything, and I'll save a few $$$.

10K mile OCI in my '99 Civic. I've done it with both heavy highway and city miles on it. Never had a problem with either situation and PP.

Clark

7.5k because of the small sump (3 quarts for a 1.6, 4 quart for a 1.8) and the city driving.

Back when I was driving 100 miles round trip per day at 85mph, I've tried 10k in Mobil1 SL before but doesn't quite like how it feel near the end (8k-9k), and was a relieve when it finally was changed out. UOA on my 12k M1 run (not EP) was a bit thicker than normal.

Now I know why, I had a small HG leak.

Originally Posted By: e55amgbenz007
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
It will depend...but I too will use the OLM. It is going to depend how much I drive...

?

It depends on where my new job is...might be a short drive, could be a long one.

Either way, I'm guessing no more than six months though....

As a general practice,I still change O & F in all my rods every 3k Miles or 3 Mos,whichever comes first.

Oil is fairly cheap....engines aren't.
\rv85
Carolina

I was planning on 6 month OCI's with my out of warranty E-150 using PP 5W-30. I am now considering 9 month OCI's since the miles driven will probably be pretty low, and at least once or so a week it gets a good highway run burning off any moisture in the oil. I could probably run it a year, but I'd rather not.

4-7k on a synthetic seems wasteful, when according to my manual(s) I can go 7500 miles on "conventional" oil, as long as it meets ASE SM, and ILSAC GF-3 specs.....energy conserving 5-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back