Hy-Tran fluid or Mystik JT-5 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have several Cub Cadet garden tractors I keep up, and I have put some off brand ISO oils (pretty much oil with no additives) while working on them... however I have done some work on my sons Cub Cadet ( IH made) 149 I put brakes on, replaced broken cooling fan (drive shaft mounted), replaced leaking gasket on rearend many other things on a early 70's tractor.. I have looked several times at local dealers for Hy-Tran I found it quarts awhile back but it was price... anyway I found local Tractor Supply has 5 gallon Mystik JT-5 for $60 which seems to exceed this Hytran. Has anyone had much experience using the Mystick JT-5 ? This is expensive fluid as well, however I don't mind paying as the fluid will be close to a life long fluid !! It's a sunstrand unit with a filter as well.. I plan on keeping the filter changed while topping off any filter change fluid loss for years ( maybe a 5 year change).

This is a nice little cub, and my son love it..so I want to make sure the fluid is up to task, all of the reading says to use IH hytran only, however many are IH fanatics when you put on top of that cub cadet it's even worse LOL... (my son is one of them.. I'm half way there). Any advice on the Mystik JT_5 would be greatly appreciated.

I agree with J if it meets spec the Mystik should work,BUT do keep in mind we've seen VOA's here where an off store brand such as say TSC traveler UTF did have a slightly weaker add pack Vs a name brand like say Hy-guard or Hy trans.

but for your application it should do just fine,do your annual OC and run 'er!.

Thanks Johnny, daman... yes it meets (or actually exceeds the hytran spec) meets the next spec up hytran ultra. I seen the traveler brand at a much cheaper cost, however I have heard of the Mystik name before, the oil seems to be a outstanding oil from reading this forum, and I have also used the grease... just never any of the HF. I think the Hytran is 1209 spec that's met or exceeded by the Mystik.

Now on over to a filter section to see what the debate is between a oil filter and a hydraulic filter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back