Blain's Farm and Fleet 5w-30 by Citgo/Mystik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daman
Again thanks for the report,have you tested any other oils from this blender?

daman,

I haven't had any other Blain's (Citgo Mystik) oils tested other than the 5w-30 PCMO. 5w-30 is recommended over winter for both of my Jeeps and for the Liberty year around. Blain's has a large selection of HDEO (diesel) oils labeled for Blain's and with the Mystik label. They also carry Delvac, Rotella and Premium Blue. It would take a car's lifetime to go through that buffet!

I'm glad you and the other posters and viewers found the VOA worth the reading!
thumbs_up.gif

Originally Posted By: Six_in_a_row
Originally Posted By: daman
Again thanks for the report,have you tested any other oils from this blender?

daman,

I haven't had any other Blain's (Citgo Mystik) oils tested other than the 5w-30 PCMO. 5w-30 is recommended over winter for both of my Jeeps and for the Liberty year around. Blain's has a large selection of HDEO (diesel) oils labeled for Blain's and with the Mystik label. They also carry Delvac, Rotella and Premium Blue. It would take a car's lifetime to go through that buffet!

I'm glad you and the other posters and viewers found the VOA worth the reading!
thumbs_up.gif

Good enough, thank you!

Be it thin or thick, the best numbers or so-so numbers, or the least expensive oil available I would walk right past it. Why in the world would you want to support Citco and send more American dollars to Venezuela?

Originally Posted By: lonestar
Be it thin or thick, the best numbers or so-so numbers, or the least expensive oil available I would walk right past it. Why in the world would you want to support Citco and send more American dollars to Venezuela?

lonestar,

I share your dislike of the current Venezuelan regime. I am not a Citgo/Mystik apologist, but rather a supporter of their American employees and their ranch and farm store distribution channels.

One of today's realities is that the U.S. dollar is a reserve currency in circulation throughout the world and is flows freely through our capital markets. It is no surprise that Cities Service/Citgo was actively pursued by T. Boone Pickens (Mesa Petoleum), Gulf Oil, Occidental Petroleum, and Southland (original owners of 7-Eleven). I understand that a 50% stake was sold to the Venezuelan state oil company in 1986. The rest was sold in 1990. Hugo Chavez became president of Venezuela in 1998.

lonestar, you and I could list dozens of American companies now under foreign ownership. In similar fashion, about 45% of the revenue of S&P 500 companies comes from outside the U.S.

I agree that Mr. Chavez is not the ideal public face for Citgo/Mystik operations in the United States.

As an aside, I had to good fortune to spend several months on a computer project in Caracas. I enjoyed working with the client's staff and staying at the Hotel Tamanaco. Of course, this was in the early 1980's. I am confident that some day things will improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back