Amsoil Ditching Toyota?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm curious - fairy avid Amsoil Preferred Customer here. Also a Toyota lifer (come from a Toyota family with a family member who works at a dealership, currently own an '07 Tacoma).

Can someone tell me why Amsoil no longer makes their Ea Oil Filters for Toyota (and some other Japanese manufacturers like Honda) anymore? I know they may have had some issues on specific engines, but it seems like they just blanket pulled out of the Toyota market.

I am unsure by this movement, if they are effectively suggesting they don't want Toyota customers running extended oil change intervals with their oil, or can you still do extended oil change intervals with their oil (and you're covered/backed by their warranty), you just need to use a different filter and change it at OEM recommended intervals but keep the same oil until the interval or time milestone is reached?

For example, the Ea057 which fits a lot of different Toyota trucks and SUV's was discontinued.

I know they had some specific information out on using their oil on engines in the known Camry & other Yota engines 3.0 Car V6 that was out in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Toyota and Lexus engines, some of them anyway, load filters at a rate that won't allow Amsoil to offer a ONE YEAR/25k filter. They must produce an inordinate amount of filterable insolubles. There is apparently a redesign in the works, but no time line on availability. Since the current design cannot go ONE YEAR, it wouldn't make sense to market such an expensive filter.

The Honda issue is relatively new. The problem must have presented itself in only the most obscure set of circumstances. The Toy/Lexus problem came about in a very short time from the release of the EaO.

Yes, you can do the extended sump ..you just need to change out the filter often enough.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Daman - in general 5-10K I believe over the models/years

Ahhh,k, was curious i figured maybe 10 in that area.

and yes lots on this topic,been covered well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back