Honda S2000 Factory Oil Filter 15400-PCX-004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone here familiar with the factory replacement oil filter for the Honda S2000, part number 15400-PCX-004. From the brief reading that I've done it seems to be the only choice for tuners. I'm looking to get reasonably long OCIs with the synthetic I'm running with. Has anyone here compared this Filtech manufactured filter with any of the aftermarket filters available for the S2000? Again from what I can read, it's the fact that most aftermarket filters made for Hondas are suppose to cover all models, which understandably doesn't seem like a good idea. I mean I wouldn't run a CRX filter in a NSX that's for sure.

" ... it's the fact that most aftermarket filters made for Hondas are suppose to cover all models, which understandably doesn't seem like a good idea. I mean I wouldn't run a CRX filter in a NSX that's for sure."

Bit of a filter-biggot, are we? JK.

Seriously, any filter that is manufactured to meet the OEM criteria will suffice. The link that jtfmdyk put up was very interesting and shows that the two he compared were reasonable. It would have been nice to see a Wix thrown in as well.

Both Wix (51334) and Baldwin (B179) have direct replacements for those (as do many others I suspect). And those filters are not nearly as "exclusive" as you would think. The Wix site shows that the 51334 goes on lots of Acuras, diesel tractors, motorcycles, etc. It has a fairly common thread, bypass setting, etc. The flow rate is a bit higher at 9-11 gpm, rather than the common 7-9. The Beta suffers because of this, though. The Donaldson (P550162) and Purolators (L14459) both have higher bypass settings, and I'm reasonably certain you could find the P1 equivilant if longer OCIs are your goal. I would not hesitate running the Wix up to 10k miles. You really didn't define just how "long" your extended OCI is going to be, though.

I'm sure the Filtech is a fine choice, but so are many others you can likely get with greater ease for less cost.

Last edited:
It's just that I would assume that OEM criteria has changed in the last 20 years or longer and for the last few generations and incarnations of Honda engines. The F20C and F22C in the S2000 is not at all the same engine as the other B/D/F/H/K series engines in models like CRX, Civic, Accord, Integra, Prelude, etc. Well maybe close to some of the more powerful K series, with a more than 11-1 compression ratio and putting out nearly 250hp n/a with only a 2 liter displacement.

If you look up a Purolator filter for the S2000 it's the same as any other Honda/Acura with one exception, the Acura NSX.

Originally Posted By: xiayu
Is anyone here familiar with the factory replacement oil filter for the Honda S2000, part number 15400-PCX-004. From the brief reading that I've done it seems to be the only choice for tuners. I'm looking to get reasonably long OCIs with the synthetic I'm running with. Has anyone here compared this Filtech manufactured filter with any of the aftermarket filters available for the S2000? Again from what I can read, it's the fact that most aftermarket filters made for Hondas are suppose to cover all models, which understandably doesn't seem like a good idea. I mean I wouldn't run a CRX filter in a NSX that's for sure.

Someone in S2ki.com did a comparison of PCX-004 with a bunch other filters, the conclusion was PCX-004 is the best for the money. If you like Amsoil filter then EAO036 may be a good alternative.

Originally Posted By: xiayu

The NSX uses a different filter anyways.
grin2.gif
I believe it uses the 15400-PL2-004 unless they've changed it. I know it uses a different Wix/Fram number than the typical PH7317/PH3593A or Wix 1356/1334.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back