Aerospace 303 vs other protectants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Craig in Canada
Hmm, spoken like a person who rides alone in their car and doesn't have kids.
48.gif

Let me put it this way - when I used it Vinylex cleaned less than plain water. I expect the product that I use on interior plastics to do at least as much as a wet rag and both 303 and #40 do a better than that as well as being excellent protectants. On my paint I don't use any combo steps so don't accuse me of short-cutting everywhere. As I said I already spend too much time detailing and didn't need to make interior plastic detailing a multi-step process too.

SurfCity Dash Away has excellent cleaning power. Use it on dash, steering wheel, shifter, door sills and seals, wallet, furniture at home. Great stuff! Its supposed to have uv inhibitors as mentioned. Not sure how well it protects since thats hard to measure. But the cleaning power is superb. For extremely stubborn grime let sit for a few mins and use microfibers. Very mild scent which doesn't overpower you.

SurfCity Grime Away is another great product. Amazing cleaning power for the exterior. Saves alot of elbow grease. Available otc at Napa or they can order it and you still save on shipping. Both of these cleaners run $10 per bottle. I didn't care for the SurfCity shampoo though. Not very concentrated so you use alot of it quickly. Much better shampoo options out there like Duragloss #901.

Picked up a bottle of 303 today, and I liked the way it goes on. A little bit on an old sock will cover a lot of ground. I also like how it's dry, not oily, and it's non-toxic. Good for both inside and outside the vehicle. Gives it a darker look with a low sheen. Also, if you get some on the glass, it wipes off easily. Really nice on the windshield wipers too. Found that using a microfiber for drying it off worked well, with no streaking.
As for smell, I didn't mind it; much better than Armor All, imo. Only time will tell how well it performs, but initial results are favorable.

The 303 is a good product for the interior, but not for tires. It attracts way too much dirt, dust and grime. The best product I've used for tires is Stoner's Less Time More Shine. Looks great, lasts a long time.

Originally Posted By: Craig in Canada

Hmm, spoken like a person who rides alone in their car and doesn't have kids.
48.gif

Let me put it this way - when I used it Vinylex cleaned less than plain water. I expect the product that I use on interior plastics to do at least as much as a wet rag and both 303 and #40 do a better than that as well as being excellent protectants. On my paint I don't use any combo steps so don't accuse me of short-cutting everywhere. As I said I already spend too much time detailing and didn't need to make interior plastic detailing a multi-step process too.

my point being, Vinylex is a protectant, says so right on the bottle. if you want to clean then use some warm water with simple green and a soft cotton rag. clean away, then protect the surface with a protectant. i know you are wanting a all-in-one, but i think you will get longer lifespan of your kid abused interior if you clean 1st and then protect.

I gave 303 a try on my leather seats in my 08 Jeep, they look great. I was a little hesitant but gave it a try, and I'm very happy with the way they look.

I've been using the new Armor All gel (yellow) product, and I've been very satisfied. Smooth, not-too-shiny appearance, and seems to last a good long while. The size of the container means you're probably good for several years!

I've used 303 for years, first on my sailboats, then on my car. Lately, I've been using it on my top-coated leather seats instead of Lexol after reading a post here about it. Seems to last longer inside than out.

I've also used Lexol Vinylx. Old formula really smelled! Current bottle almost has no smell. It works well too.

I've also used Meguiar's #57 Vinyl & Rubber cleaner/conditioner for a long time on the boat, then the car. I get it at West Marine. Not sure what the car version is. Smells pleasant to me. UV conditioner. Works great on vinyl & rubber. A bit shiny on the dash though. I believe it has some silicone in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back