2 Stroke Oil Mix Ryobi Gas Trimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a used one from my mom who bought a battery powered one that is easier for her to operate. No manual and no sticker telling me what the oil to gas mix should be. Any ideas?

Any two stroke oil will work. Pennzoil Outdoor would be perfect. They sell it at Walmart. Their two stroke oil would be fine too. Mix it at 4.0 ounces to 1 gallon. That will be 32:1 and a safe mixture.

Most of the OPE stuff I have used works fine on a 50:1 mix. I use Stihl oil bought at my local dealer, but most of the good brands work fine. Stihl oil seems to work best in my Stihl blower, so I use that in my trimmer, too.

I dump a 2.6 oz bottle into a gallon of gas. Takes me well into summer, but I don't use the equipt a lot.

depends on how old it is, most newer stuff are 40 or 50:1.

but as said 32:1 is nice and safe (or correct if it is old)

I bought a "homelite" some many years ago, and it specced 50:1, as does FIL's identical Ryobi. The plastic's not identical, but when you take the plastic off it is.

Been running 30(ish) to 1 in it for 15+ years...i like a slightly wet exhaust to show me that the oil gets through the entire system.

Never fouled a plug.

This year ran TCW-3, and gummed up the spark arrestor with sticky gummy stuff, that burned off in 10 seconds with a propane torch.

With the muffler off, the internal looked brand new.

As did the asbestos exhaust gasket..BBW

Any 2-stroke oil will do - if you want convenience, pickup the 2.6oz. bottles that makes 1 gallon of mix. I'm currently using Echo Power Blend but will be going back to RL as soon as the new blower breaks in.

I always use high octane gasoline in my bolens trimmer,but I had to try different brands of 2 stroke oil to help it start. I settled on a syntheic at 80:1 .The bolens carb cannot be tuned,therefore the need to expt. with different oils became necessary.I will continue with the 80:1 synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back